• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OFFICIAL: Hawks and All we do is Quin Quin Quin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Koonin actually said development stopped or was it just inferred?

Exactly that...stopped. 

I said earlier this season...as great as Trae can be even he still needs development.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was my reaction...then I remember quotes like this from last November:

"I'm not experimenting, wanting to see different rotations. I'm trying to win that game. I'm not experimenting. I'm not developing. Doing all of that. I'm trying to win games"

Like San Antonio decided to stop developing players after they won a ring.  "Sorry 19 year old rookie Tony Parker, sorry rookie Manu Ginobili, sorry rookie Beno Udrih, sorry rookie George Hill, sorry rookie Tiago Splitter, sorry rookie Kawhi Leonard, etc...your development is just not going to be meaningful in whether we win games or contend so I'm not going to prioritize that.  It isn't like you guys will collectively play pivotal roles in many cases early in your career in our playoff aspirations.  Better to spend some time in the D-League / G-League than play for us.  We don't live with growing pains, you know.  We are trying to win games."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Like San Antonio decided to stop developing players after they won a ring.  "Sorry 19 year old rookie Tony Parker, sorry rookie Manu Ginobili, sorry rookie Beno Udrih, sorry rookie George Hill, sorry rookie Tiago Splitter, sorry rookie Kawhi Leonard, etc...your development is just not going to be meaningful in whether we win games or contend so I'm not going to prioritize that.  It isn't like you guys will collectively play pivotal roles in many cases early in your career in our playoff aspirations.  Better to spend some time in the D-League / G-League than play for us.  We don't live with growing pains, you know.  We are trying to win games."

Exactly!

You can make a young guy earn his minutes while also carving out a limited role for him to get on the floor and play. The best teams get contributions from guys you never heard of. 

I will never be a fan of young talent sitting on the bench just because. Especially when the vets or the overall team is underperforming.

CC/JC are athletic players who can move, but there is extra juice in the younger legs of OO/JJ (Oh snap, new nickname maybe for the young front court?)

You can see the extra energy we play with when the young cats come in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

CC/JC are athletic players who can move, but there is extra juice in the younger legs of OO/JJ (Oh snap, new nickname maybe for the young front court?)

You can see the extra energy we play with when the young cats come in.

Bringing the JUICE!

🍊💥🍊

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...