• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Turning down the focus....

Diesel

• Premium Member

The manner that Coach Snyder is running everything, turns down the focus on Trae.   I don't know if Trae appreciates this or not.. but I think it's good for Trae to not be in the eye of the storm all the time.  It frees him to play basketball.   He was doing what he does yesterday and even though his own individual game wasn't HOF like, he played winning basketball which is HOF like. 

It also takes the focus off of any one individual.  Yeah, we want to spot light you if you did something great but not all the time.  Instead of motivating others to give maximum effort, sometimes calling out one guy all the time (not the same one guy) makes those who are doing great work feel underappreciated.

I know sometimes Clint has to feel underappreciated.   He put up 10/12 with 2 blocks and it's like.. he didn't move the needle????  GTFOH.

Clint is putting up great nimbers and doing great work everytime he plays a full game.   I've never seen a motor like his... well Rodman... Point is, I like the fact that we're willing to take the spotlight off of one guy and give the team it's light. 

• Like 1

Boxing is a one on one sport.  Swimming is one on one.  Basketball is a team sport.  It's nice when the team wins and more especially when it's a team effort.  I agree with Diesel.  We need to shine the light on different players, game to game, because no one gets it done all by themselves.

Several Hawk players had a great game last night.  Please do it again tonight, Hawk team!

:smug:

• Like 1