• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll of the Day 4-6

Diesel

Do you Believe...  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More three point freedom/encouragement under Quin.

Less switching on defense. 

More communication from coach to players in-game.

Quicker timeouts before everything goes to hell during a bad spell.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I think Quin Motivates.  However, we have the same staff under Quin.  Our Defense is very similar.   I haven't seen a lot of new plays implemented and can somebody explain our out of bounds plays or lack thereof. 

9 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

I agree with the TOs and the Communication and Switching.   Freedom is meh.. Nate gave some freedom too. 

• Premium Member

So far with just a few votes, we have something to talk about. 

1.  Somebody feels that we're not playing DJ the right way. 

2.  Everybody who has voted feels that we're not playing JC the right way.

How should the coaching staff change... especially number 2?

My feeling about JC is that he would be better playing in the midrange.   His face up elbow Jumper is great and he has very good post up moves from the elbow and back to the basket in the low post.  Many people just want to get rid of JC.   I don't see JC as a liability.   Recently, his shooting has been coming on and he has become more of a three point threat.  Still, I don't see him shooting from outside as being our best use of him but it's good that he can. 

The biggest problem is that some point out that he can't coexist with CC.   The problem with that is that all we see is PNR offense.   My hope with a more creative coach is that we move away from the crutch that PNR has been.   PNR is a crutch because Trae is a master of it.   It works well with his float game.   But I believe that we will find out that Trae is a master of many things.   We just have to do the work. 

The thing that Quin has preached lately is Spacing.  Spacing is great... especially if Defenses abides by it.   Well, for what may be our first Play-In game, I don't see Miami abiding by spacing until we make them.  Miami's defense is simple.   They will clog up the middle and force us to beat them from outside... and they will double Trae and triple him when he gets close. 

This playin game with Miami will be an opportunity for us to see if what we did in the offseason worked.   I.e. can we switch from being a PNR team to being a team that can move the ball from one side of the floor to the other.  I believe that we can. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

So far with just a few votes, we have something to talk about. 

1.  Somebody feels that we're not playing DJ the right way. 

2.  Everybody who has voted feels that we're not playing JC the right way.

How should the coaching staff change... especially number 2?

My feeling about JC is that he would be better playing in the midrange.   His face up elbow Jumper is great and he has very good post up moves from the elbow and back to the basket in the low post.  Many people just want to get rid of JC.   I don't see JC as a liability.   Recently, his shooting has been coming on and he has become more of a three point threat.  Still, I don't see him shooting from outside as being our best use of him but it's good that he can. 

The biggest problem is that some point out that he can't coexist with CC.   The problem with that is that all we see is PNR offense.   My hope with a more creative coach is that we move away from the crutch that PNR has been.   PNR is a crutch because Trae is a master of it.   It works well with his float game.   But I believe that we will find out that Trae is a master of many things.   We just have to do the work. 

The thing that Quin has preached lately is Spacing.  Spacing is great... especially if Defenses abides by it.   Well, for what may be our first Play-In game, I don't see Miami abiding by spacing until we make them.  Miami's defense is simple.   They will clog up the middle and force us to beat them from outside... and they will double Trae and triple him when he gets close. 

This playin game with Miami will be an opportunity for us to see if what we did in the offseason worked.   I.e. can we switch from being a PNR team to being a team that can move the ball from one side of the floor to the other.  I believe that we can. 

I would agree with much of what you are saying.  I am hopeful that if we keep DJM & Trae, that Quin will have a chance to design something better than than switching PGs every other possession.  I agree with your thoughts on JC, if we keep him.  I think it is time for CC to move on. He does not switch to cover the rim, which shocks me.  I guess I got spoiled with Dikembe.  CC is a great rebounder, and we don't have a replacement for that though, but he is so limited on offense and is a bad free throw shooter.  He does not win the Gray Mule free throw seal of approval.  Bey is not a good defender, but is pretty good on offense.  Hunter is so inconsistent on offense that it is often aggravating. I don't see any reason to pursue KAT or Gobert.  Gobert is an older, bigger, much more expensive CC. KAT is the disappearing man, and makes too much money.  Maybe we could take a look at Ayton, but I am not overly impressed, given his price vs. production.  I would be okay with Quin keeping Prunty, Longabardi and maybe even McMillIan Jr. If he would like to.  I don't think he has made much of a connection with the rest of Nate's staff.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Watchman said:

I would agree with much of what you are saying.  I am hopeful that if we keep DJM & Trae, that Quin will have a chance to design something better than than switching PGs every other possession.  I agree with your thoughts on JC, if we keep him.  I think it is time for CC to move on. He does not switch to cover the rim, which shocks me.  I guess I got spoiled with Dikembe.  CC is a great rebounder, and we don't have a replacement for that though, but he is so limited on offense and is a bad free throw shooter.  He does not win the Gray Mule free throw seal of approval.  Bey is not a good defender, but is pretty good on offense.  Hunter is so inconsistent on offense that it is often aggravating. I don't see any reason to pursue KAT or Gobert.  Gobert is an older, bigger, much more expensive CC. KAT is the disappearing man, and makes too much money.  Maybe we could take a look at Ayton, but I am not overly impressed, given his price vs. production.  I would be okay with Quin keeping Prunty, Longabardi and maybe even McMillIan Jr. If he would like to.  I don't think he has made much of a connection with the rest of Nate's staff.

A team rebounding strategy will have to be implemented if we move from CC.   I think it can work until OO really grows into the position.