• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll of the Day.... 9/14

Diesel

What was the bigger loss?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diesel changed the title to Poll of the Day.... 9/14
  • Moderators

To be determined for me.

• Huerter's departure was painful for most of last season but opened the door for AJ.  Now with a healthy Bogi, I feel like we are in a good place even without Huerter.  Just wish we had gotten a real return for him.
  • I was quite wary of the picks we gave up for DM but the biggest unknown has come off the table with him taking a below market extension.  So now we have zero risk of him walking away or getting grossly overpaid.  Knowing that, I feel like that shifts us to a good place for this deal even with some open questions about whether Trae and DJ truly fit together.  Even if they don't, having DM on that contract will mean we have options to retool.
  • JC is a big unknown.  Will we end up with a big hole on the team?  Will JJ/Bey exceed what we've seen from JC in recent years?  Will we make a trade that recontextualizes the whole chain of events?  TBD.

All of these could end up with their negative impacts being pretty muted in the long-run.

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

While this is true, I was thinking more in the Trae age. 

Historically.. 

Nique for Manning. 

Deke for Theo Ratliff

comes to mind. 

Trading Bill Russell comes to mind historically but I wasn't thinking about this historically.  Really thinking about it post-Budcox.

• Like 1