• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Over/Under Atlanta vs. Sactown....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bey = Over 1 three pointer made or Under 1 three pointer made?

I'm going to say tonight, Coach Snyder's master offensive scheme works...  "Keep on Shooting" will produce 1 three pointer and a possible.  He breaks out of his slump with at least 1 big three pointer... TONIGHT.

image.png

Last year in 1 game vs. the Kings, he shot 40% from three.   I believe that tonight... He matches that effort.

Mark IT DOWN!!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

It says everything when shooting 28.6% from 3 is a solid night instead of a night to forget.

It's only that way because we're letting JJ slide by with 14.3%.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's only that way because we're letting JJ slide by with 14.3%.

I'm confused.  Everyone acknowledges this was a bad game for JJ.  Part of why it was bad was his shooting.  Unlike Bey, JJ is not primarily a 3pt shooter.  He does a bit of everything on both ends of the floor and frankly has been better on the year from 3 than I expected.  If he ends the season at 36%, then I'm happy with his performance.  For JJ, this was unequivocally a bad game and a step back from his recent production.

Bey brings hustle and 3pt shooting and that is about it.  His 3pt shooting is critical.

The point I was trying to make is that we can say that going 2-7 is an improvement for Bey over recent play since he is shooting 22% from there in January and hadn't hit 2 threes (or more) in his prior 4 games.  So what we would ordinarily consider a bad game for anyone is actually an improvement over Bey's recent play which says everything about how rough it has been for him lately.

I am on the record predicting positive regression for Bey at some point at least on his corner 3's.  He was consistently good from there for his entire career before this season.  I can't believe he has gotten this bad and is going to stay this bad from there all year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm confused.  Everyone acknowledges this was a bad game for JJ.  Part of why it was bad was his shooting.  Unlike Bey, JJ is not primarily a 3pt shooter.  He does a bit of everything on both ends of the floor and frankly has been better on the year from 3 than I expected.  If he ends the season at 36%, then I'm happy with his performance.  For JJ, this was unequivocally a bad game and a step back from his recent production.

Bey brings hustle and 3pt shooting and that is about it.  His 3pt shooting is critical.

The point I was trying to make is that we can say that going 2-7 is an improvement for Bey over recent play since he is shooting 22% from there in January and hadn't hit 2 threes (or more) in his prior 4 games.  So what we would ordinarily consider a bad game for anyone is actually an improvement over Bey's recent play which says everything about how rough it has been for him lately.

I am on the record predicting positive regression for Bey at some point at least on his corner 3's.  He was consistently good from there for his entire career before this season.  I can't believe he has gotten this bad and is going to stay this bad from there all year.

jermaine-jackson-dont-take-it-personal.g

I was just saying I haven't heard much said about JJ's bad game.  Everybody is allowed bad games.   I just know that when certain people have bad games, it goes by quietly.   That's cool.  If we could bench Bey, I would bench him.  Until recently, Garrison hasn't been giving us anything.  He certainly doesn't give us enough defense to make Bey off the bench a reality.   Plus last night, I actually saw Garrison throw the ball to the Kings... for no reason.   It was like the tank train was in town.  So until Hunter gets back we can't bench Bey... But I want to. 

• Moderators

Bey was very effective for us off the bench last year and early this year.  He can't be your primary wing defender or your power forward if you want to be a good team and Hunter's absence has forced that into happening.  I can't explain why his shot has deserted him but if Hunter were here we could cut down on his minutes a lot.  Having Garrison and Wesley as your alternatives is pretty putrid.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bey was very effective for us off the bench last year and early this year.  He can't be your primary wing defender or your power forward if you want to be a good team and Hunter's absence has forced that into happening.  I can't explain why his shot has deserted him but if Hunter were here we could cut down on his minutes a lot.  Having Garrison and Wesley as your alternatives is pretty putrid.

I agree with every word.  Offseason will be interesting if we don't trade Bey.   For if we don't, I wouldn't mind resigning him if Hunter is healthy.   Also though, I think I will like Hunter more as a 4.