• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, Packfill said:

I am not sure on the defensive piece, but I am intrigued by Filipowski generally.  

My instinct though is the Hawks should lean more into defense then anything else in the off season.

He's not a rim protector, but he has defensive versatility with his ability to switch.  

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

He's not a rim protector, but he has defensive versatility with his ability to switch.  

Or a paint protector. He's essentially a 4. He can switch but I don't know if I trust his defensive versatility. Can Flip guard 2, 3, and big wings, idk. 

Defensively, Flip is really interesting as I think he can be a decent defender as he's smart, has legit size for a 4, and moves his feet well for his size but I haven't seen him guard 2s and 3s like say, Alex Sarr. 

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Big or center because Matas B could be in the mix for shooting or scoring versatility 

I'll do one for bigs overall and one for true centers

Bigs (Big wings, 4s, and 5s)

1. Matas B., one of the best natural shooters in this class for any position

2. Sarr - definitely the most versatile scorer that's bigger.

3. Flip - best playmaking Big in this class. 

4. Clingan - best defensive Big in this class. 

True centers

1. Ware - best proven shooting center and its not even close right now. 

2. Edey - best proven scorer in this class and scores from the paint, movement, FT line, and off put backs as well. Extremely difficult coverage. 

3. Clingan - while this class as several good playmaking true 5s with Edey, Kalkbrenner, and Bona, Donovan is the best true center playmaker and he's the 2nd best Big man playmaker behind Flip.

4. Clingan - Edey, Missi, Ware, and Bona all show some good things, Clingan just has the clear edge on D as a true 5 on D. Stamina and health are the biggest challenges for Clingan as a 5 long term. His productivity as a defensive 5 is the best in this class. 

Matas is very very good and should sit a top the hawks board but he is one of the best WHAT? His shooting is awful

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Matas is very very good and should sit a top the hawks board but he is one of the best WHAT? His shooting is awful

He takes the most difficult shots. For the most part, the others are stationary which is normal for bigs but he's a lot more capable. Percentages wise for all NBA drafted likely prospects it would be P.J. Hall but P.J. shot won't translate like Matas. Shooting is more than about percentages. You gotta have a diverse selection 

Edited by NBASupes

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He takes the most difficult shots. For the most part, the others are stationary which is normal for bigs but he's a lot more capable. Percentages wise for all NBA drafted likely prospects it would be P.J. Hall but P.J. shot won't translate like Matas. Shooting is more than about percentages. You gotta have a diverse selection 

You don't think his form is an issue though? In HS he was a good shooter but it hasn't translated since. He's got a weird/low base imo that makes me struggle to think he'll be a great shooter as he was in hs. I think he is better than he has shown in G league though. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You don't think his form is an issue though? In HS he was a good shooter but it hasn't translated since. He's got a weird/low base imo that makes me struggle to think he'll be a great shooter as he was in hs. I think he is better than he has shown in G league though. 

He can use some work on his form. Absolutely. 

I think that's causing some of his percentage issues but this can improve in an offseason or two as long as he's willing to put in the work. 

I agree

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He can use some work on his form. Absolutely. 

I think that's causing some of his percentage issues but this can improve in an offseason or two as long as he's willing to put in the work. 

I agree

Need that boy in the lab with Korver

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Makes me question the coaching of the Ignite team.  Because Ron Holland was a poor shooter for them as well.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Makes me question the coaching of the Ignite team.  Because Ron Holland was a poor shooter for them as well.  

I question the entire Ignite team.  Stacking a team with inexperienced, immature, talented players doesn't seem ideal for development.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

I question the entire Ignite team.  Stacking a team with inexperienced, immature, talented players doesn't seem ideal for development.

Adam Silver is rethinking it.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Adam Silver is rethinking it.

It was a complete embarrassment to have half the All-Star team be Ignite players and the Ignite team going defeated for the season.  What a joke. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's not a good development team and the games simply don't matter. It matters more in you are on the individual gleague teams

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

**insert comment about UK here**

For whatever criticisms I have of Coach Cal, the track record for UK players entering the league is really strong with many of them outperforming expectations.  We'll see if the Ignite can match or exceed that track record.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

For whatever criticisms I have of Coach Cal, the track record for UK players entering the league is really strong with many of them outperforming expectations.  We'll see if the Ignite can match or exceed that track record.

Oh I know. Cal has his faults, producing NBA players isn’t one. I doubt Ignite will ever have UKs success rate. 

Edited by bird_dirt

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Oh I know. Cal has his faults, producing NBA players isn’t one. I doubt Ignite will ever have UKs success rate. 

This is likely their last year to have that type of success 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This year might be the most drafted players ever.  Doubt that will keep future prospects from coming.

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

This year might be the most drafted players ever.  Doubt that will keep future prospects from coming.

They don't have no one signed for next year outside of a kid that's already there. It seems like this is the last year of the Ignite

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They don't have no one signed for next year outside of a kid that's already there. It seems like this is the last year of the Ignite

Oooooohhhhh…. You’re talking this is the last year for Ignite. Your first response to my post I thought you were talking about the last year for UK. I’m guessing @AHF may have thought the same, too. 

• Like 1

About the shooting ability of all these NBA prospects, I must look at one thing:

What is their % from the free throw line?  If they can't make a reasonable % of their free throws, why would anyone believe that they are a great shot-maker?

:bb: