• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Rod to the Yankees??

Plainview1981

Your just a biased fan...Then again, what Yankee fan

isn't? To me..RBI's are important...a Hellva lot more

important than moving a runner over to the next base.

I'll take a .305 50HR 120RBI guy over a .315 15HR 60RBI

guy anyday. It's not even CLOSE. Jeter didn't win WS because

hitters and fielders don't win the championships...Pitching

does. You don't win the title on a few big plays.

You are so clueless that it isnt even funny. You really have proven that you dont understand a damn thing about baseball. I am completely done with this topic because its pointless trying to get you to understand what the TEAM sport of baseball is about.

Player A has a perfect fielding percentage. He never boots a ball. Every ball he touches is an out. However, he can only take 1 step to his right, and 1 step to his left. His range is not much greater than zero.

According to your "tells me all I need" nonsense, Player A is a good fielder.

Defensively, Jeter blows. Period.

just combine rosters w/ the red sox and then play the rest of the leagues all stars? I think you would still win in a 7 gamne format. I hate baseball. It is no longer a sport(at least mlb). It doesn't matter how well you develope your players anymore because in 5 yrs the yankees will just sign them away from you. Until there is a salary cap in baseball i am done w/ the "sport". enjoy your world series that the "boss" has just bought for you guys.

You know I havent heard of the other owners around the league complaining about the Yankees payroll when they dish out 40 mil a year in revenue sharing and another 20 mil a year in luxury tax. The FACT is that Steinbrenner isnt the richest owner in baseball, but he wants to win at least twice as much as any other owner and is willing to invest a a ton of his own money to do so. EVERY other team in the league could do this, they all have owners with plenty deep enough pockets (other than Montreal), but they choose to pocket those profits rather than reinvesting them in their teams. Just sounds like a bunch of stupid businessmen to me. By the way, the Yankees could buy all the best players in baseball and that still doesnt mean they will win the world series. They might not even be the best team in their division and thats why they play 162 games instead of just giving the title away in march.

• 4 months later...

I was just browsing back through the old posts and came across your Red Sox in a walk post.........HAHAHA. The Yankees even spotted the Red Sox a 5.5 game lead and have since turned it around and lead by 7 games now....it would take a freakin miracle for the Sox to come back now.

• 1 month later...

Quote:

....it would take a freakin miracle for the Sox to come back now.

Piece of cake. The Yankmees won't even make the playoffs. They have no pitching. Their hitting is collapsing. Old players fading away. Bullpen arms falling off. yada yada yada.

And the Sox?

The Nomar trade was brilliant. They have good pitching. They're just getting warmed up. Hey, it's not even September!!