• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK's Logic FLAWED!!!!

Nicholasp27

even if u agree with his not paying a late 1st rounder guaranteed money, then he could still

a) trade the pick down for a non-guaranteed 2nd rounder or future pick

b) give charlotte the pick in exchange for taking hendu or crawford

c) trade the pick with wallace now to help seal the deal on a good return

d) traded the pick with doleac to make something happen without having to use waivers

so, while we all think a pick is better for rebuilding, even if u subscribe to knight's "spend no money on rookies" philosophy, we still shoulda taken picks cause we don't have to keep them and "waste" the money

• Premium Member

I think Billy is looking forward to 2005 and having a lot of cap room then. However, if by 2005, we have accumulated 3 1st round draft picks, we might shoot ourselves in the foot in terms of getting FAs.

That's kinda what happened with Orlando.

They fire sold everything off trying to get Hill, Duncan, minor FA. Well, they ended up getting Hill, Tmac, but they had so man first rounders (Miller, Alexander, Sasser, Heywood, Hunter)... that it really hunted them when it came to bringing in other free agents. Becuase if you look at it:

Hill, Tmac were signed for 19 million dollars together. That means that there should have been enough for 1 more significant FA. Where was the money?

I think Knight is looking forward to 2005, having a solid core but also have about 12 million dollars dumped onto our salary cap so that we can possibly go after Tmac or Ray Allen. However, if we get 2 Lottery picks and Another guaranteed pick along the way... What profit us in free agency??

• Premium Member

Have you looked at Orlando's roster?

They have Hunter and Sasser and I bet they would love to get rid of them.

Also, future picks really have very little value. How much do you think we can get for that 2007 first from Philly??? The point is this: I understand that you say we ought to get something. However, a 2004 first rounder from San Antonio (for instance) is almost worthless. I get the feeling that Knight has a coach in mind that DOES NOT want to come in and teach/wait on development. Can you blame the track record?

Look over our brief History in the lottery?

JT - we are still waiting on JT to become a PG.

DJ - DJ's development was SLOW... VERY SLOW.

The next few drafts are not loaded with guys who can play at a high level. Maybe 1 or 2. However, the next few drafts are loaded with Guys who will need 3-4 years of development or some NBDL time. In that case, it would be easier to get a guy from the NBDL and not have to pay him a guaranteed contract.

Ah. Youth. Atlanta's "Dude" is right. We ain't built

nothing. He wants it --- NOW!

Sorry, it just doesn't work that way. Atlanta has had

so many hopes for the elusive "tomorrow" when things

will be better. We want our beloved Hawk team to be

one of the best - ever.

Te erect a new building, you must first remove the old

one. Then do a lot of work on the ground, set the

foundation of the new building, then you begin to erect

the new structure. You may use some of the material

that was in the old building but it will be a new

building, not a patchwork job on the old one.

Hawks are in the process of starting a new building from

the ground up. Hotlanta, this will take a little time.

I, like you, want it to happen RIGHT NOW! Get us five

all stars for starters. Blow the bank. Let's win it

all RIGHT NOW!

Since we can't do that, building from the ground up is

the next best option. That's what we are trying to do

right now. We all want it to work. Let's hope it does.

I like the moves. What did denver have a year or two ago when they traded McDyess away? nothing but cap space and youth. look at them now."

1)Your trying to take the exception and make it the

rule.

2)Denver is just an average team. Better than last year,

but they are hardly THAT good.

3)They still don't have the talent to contend for a title.

Denver is making the playoffs in the west with their 2 best players being a rookie and a sophomore. There are maybe 3 teams in the entire East that could make the playoffs in the west. I doubt it actually

The point is they now have a good core that can attract other players. They are about a year or two and a solid free agent away from competing for a title. We're not going to become the kings lakers or spurs overnight. A team like the nuggets is a realistic goal, and good model. They got rid of all their bad contracts. They made good decisions in the draft, and they got good role players in free agency.

They have the second lowest payroll in the whole league and are making the playoffs in the west.

Shouldn't you be on a bobcats message board by now?

When I look on Denvers roster I don't see even a top 20 player....They will not accomplish much. Look at the

Bulls/Jazz and other teams...They are more of them that

have done the cap dump and see what it has got them

so far....Funny how you want to point to Denver when

more teams with the cap space have failed. Lots of cap

space is just a line of bullshyt.