Knight said..

Nicholasp27

HAHA!

Ya... woohoo... blockbuster.

Maybe you misunderstood and he said:

"I'm not doing this deal until I watch a blockbuster movie"

or

"No way I do a trade unless they give me a blockbuster movie"

Or maybe Knight is confused and he thinks block is the same thing as franchise.

Thus, he was really saying ...

"I'm not trading unless I see a franchise buster trade."

Play.

Yeah Knight is just dumb, he can say all the cleches he wants, but he better get a headliner in here in the offseason or guess what all we will be is a bad team with a lot of cap space that no free agents want to play for. Then we will need another new ownership to move this team out of the city.

P

Ok the first move was to clear cap space and the best way to clear the most space was to trade for Rasheed which required Theo/Reef. With capspace we can do three things:

sign big Free Agent - Unlikely

sign Restricted Free Agents to deals their team can't match - Likely(Crawford, QRich)

facilitate a trade for talent - very likely with the capspace

After getting over losing Reef and Theo I understand the trade for Wallace.

Now the second move of moving Wallace is also brilliant in that we preserve our capspace and have a first rounder to work with.

So you say this pick sucks? I don't. This pick can be packaged with JT for a lottery pick. Who wouldn't trade a lottery pick for JT and a mid first rounder. Usually teams with in the lottery are missing a few pieces and having a good pick plus JT fills those holes faster. Under normal situations we'd keep JT but it's obvious we are starting from scratch.

I hope you are right. I'm glad you are so confident that a mid 1st rounder and JT will get a us a lottery pick. I don't think it will happen since everyone was banging down the door for JT this past offseason.

P

• Moderators

Quote:

Tear...

No he traded to get a lotto pick and major salary space to build a team from the ground up. Did Denver's rebuilding plan not seem logical?

Thank you. I see no downside to the Wallace trade. Our goals are now:

(1) Get cap space and financial flexibility. Check.

(2) Lose games and get a potential superstar in the lottery. With Wallace that was iffy but now...Check.

(3) Pick up an extra first round pick that adds young talent to the team.

What is the downside to this trade? If Knight didn't make these moves we'd enter the next season almost exactly like we did this one. Now we can reshape this roster just like Denver did.

It is painful in the short run but this team's future is so much better than before these deals were made.

The only way someone should complain, IMO, is if they thought the Hawks could trade for cap space and a better pick or picks.

Denver didn't rebuild thru free agency. They traded for draft picks and young talent. We've gutted the core of our team and all we have to show for it is a mid to late 1st rounder. Shareef, a former number 3 pick who we traded another number 3 pick for, should have brought better than that.

The Hawks will be pretty ugly for a long time. The games from early this season will look like classics.