• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A different way to rebuild.. A NEW THOUGHT HITS HS

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just sitting here thinking about all the possibilities. I have a new way to rebuild. I'm not professing that this is what we should do, but it's just food for thought....

1. JT/Milwaukee's first to Orlando for their first/Gooden/Declerq.

2. Sign Mamadou 2 year 2 million.

3. Sign Sura 3 year 10 million.

4. Sign Richie Frahm 2 yr 4 million.

Draft Howard. Draft Josh Smith.

5. Sign Brevin Knight 2 year 6 million.

Here's the squad:

Knight/Lue

Sura/Frahm/Hansen

Howard/Smith/CC

Gooden/Hendu

Mamadou/Declerq

This squad looks laughable... BUT.. There's something to this squad. They're hungry.

Actually, I equate this sqaud as being just like Cleveland this year.

Then in 2005. We have lots of Money. CC/Declerq/Hendu/Hansen all go off the books. We would be able to afford an allstar. I would look to trade Gooden. move Howard to PF and play Smith at SF. Get a good C out of the draft. Then import some excitemnt at the 2 guard like Tmac or Jason Richardson. How high can we offer before GS say No?

A few vet players surrounding some good young players. Gooden might turn out to be a 20/10 Boozer like PF. Knight is a PG who will be able to get us into and out of sets and he plays pretty good defense.

JT/Milwaukee's first to Orlando for their first/Gooden/Declerq

Draft Howard. Draft Josh Smith

Those are some F#CKIN GOOD IDEAS !!!!!!!!!!!

If we cant get Okafor and Howard my second choice is sign Martin and AND DRAFT Howard or draft Howard and Smith. My reservation is forcing Howard and Smith to come along to fast could hurt them.

$3 Million/Yr For Brevin Knight plus allow him to eat up $3 million in capspace the year that you claim you are trying to clear capspace? Foolery! I'd rather bring JV back for the minimum and I HATE JV! I wouldn't give BK a dime over the minimum for one year and I might go in a different direction even then.

In addition, why would ORL give up Okafor (or Howard) AND Gooden so they could have JT and a pick in the late teens? You just said yourself that Gooden might be able to get 20/10 and Okafor might be a stud. ORL would be better off trading Juwan for a real PG in the offseason, drafting Okafor and going from there.

Finally, you have added EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS in salary for us in 05/06 that doesn't exist now. Why in the world would you let the likes of BK, Mamadou, Frahm or even Sura eat into precious capspace? Depending on what Sura does over the remainder of the season, I could see keeping him with a 3 yr deal but only if we plan to keep JT. If we plan to trade JT, I'd just as soon let Sura go and use the extra capspace to go after top tier FAs.

• Premium Member

1. JT/Milwaukee's first to Orlando for their first/Gooden/Declerq.

2. Sign Mamadou 2 year 2 million.

3. Sign Sura 3 year 10 million.

4. Sign Richie Frahm 2 yr 4 million.

Draft Howard. Draft Josh Smith.

5. Sign Brevin Knight 2 year 6 million.

First off, nobody has ever said that Brevin was a bad PG. He was:

1. Not a 5 million dollar PG.

2. Not a good match for JT.

However, when it came to running an offense, he could do that. When it came to playing defense, he could do that. The vet min is 2 million dollars. For 2 years, I would think that paying him 1 million over the minimum would be reasonable.

I had forgotten about Diaw, so forget the Frahm deal... Although, I would still love to have him.

There are no big contracts to speak of here so I don't know who did your math.

Both Sura/BK makes 3 million that's 6.

Mamadou = 1million. That's 1.

Howard + Smith = 5.5 Million.

Added together = 12.5 Million TOTAL.

That means that there's still 12.5 carrying over into 2005 to go along with:

Hendu's 9+. Hansen's .9, CC's 3+, Lue's 1.7, and Declerq's 2.7.

If you do the math, that's about 18 million lost for 2005. Plus the 12.5 million we carry over...

Roughly 30 million to spend.

Don't get me wrong, but with that kind of cash, we can make a lot of things happen. #1, I would push GS to sign Richardson to a High Deal.

If they sign him, I would look at Tmac.

I would go down the line looking at SGs/SFs that fit.

Quote:

In addition, why would ORL give up Okafor (or Howard) AND Gooden so they could have JT and a pick in the late teens?

First, I don't think Orlando will remain in the top spot.

#2. Gooden is not a fit in Orlando with or without Juwaun. There's no plays to him.

#3. Have you seen Orlando's draft record?

In the year that Orlando wants to do everything to Keep Tmac... What do you think is more likely. They bring in an established PG (finally) or they draft another project? Once you get past the first 2 in this years draft, you're talking Projects. So if Orlando is on pace to get Josh Smith (not Okafur)...

What do you think is the better deal?

Gooden/Smith... Or JT/First (and CapRoom/Roster Space)?

• Premium Member

The trade of JT to Orlando would be great for us, but I doubt that would happen. The only other idea that I think could really be helpful would be to resign Sura (he hustles, plays hard on both ends of the court, and is actually a sound all around player).