• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A blurb from the NY Daily News.

KB21

Now that Dominique Wilkins has come on board as Atlanta's new basketball operations chief, Doc Rivers can't be far behind. From what we hear, Doc is the one and only choice to replace Terry Stotts. Rivers is still revered in Atlanta, by fans and especially by the new owners. ...

I'm curious to see who Doc will bring with him as assistants. I'm guessing that Johnny Davis will come once Orlando releases him in the offseason. Golden State is rumored to be firing Eric Musselman, and EMuss was on Doc's original staff in Orlando. Doc could also opt to keep Armond Hill and Larry Smith of the current staff. I wonder if Kevin Willis as a player/coach will be an option this offseason?

Golden State would be stupid enough to fire Eric. They

basically trade GS two best players for a passed his prime

Robinson and a aging and banged up Van Exel. GS should

be contracted from the NBA.

Hire Mike instead of Rivers. Rivers would be the second

choice. I just think Mike could be a tougher minded coach

than Doc.

I like both.

I believe Mike's overall coaching ability is better than Doc's, but Doc brings the advantage of being youthful, exuberant motivator who can attract free agents.

Doc also has the advantage in that he has taken over a team similar to the Hawks before when he took the Orlando job in 1999. That 1999 Magic team got by on heart and guts alone, and I feel that's what Atlanta will have to get by on next season.