• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about a trade with Memphis now?

Admin

What if we could get Battier/Swift/Knight for JT/Nazr/Hendu.........I am not sure if the salaries matchup or not, but what do you guys think about that deal? Knight and Swift would be great backups or could definitely start if needed, and Battier would be the perfect SG/SF for us to play opposite of DJ or DG, whoever is starting.

The contracts wouldn't even be close (Swift/ Battier still on draft contracts) and I wouldnt' do it anyhow...who's gonna score from that group? Battier is a solid, well-rounded utility man but will never be a 1st scoring option in the pros...

swift is still very unproven and I don't want to deal with people with suspect work ethics any longer.

Knight = fine as a BU, but isn't taht what Email is for?

no way, no how. We'd score 75 ppg and get slaughtered from teh outside.

Battier scored like 4 points less as a rookie than JT did last year, so we dont lose much scoring there. Knight is a major upgrade over Email as a PG, so we would get better there. Swift is not a bad guy, he hasnt been busted for raping or killing or doing drugs, he just hasnt come into his own yet. Also, Dickau will generate more points at PG than JT does by way of assists. He wont score as much as JT, but his teammates will get the ball in better position and they will score more. Maybe the contracts arent close, and I havent looked that up because I am just throwing out ideas, but dont think for a minute that we dont get a lot of young help from this deal. All healthy, good guys that can produce and arent overpaid. We would have to adjust salaries of course, but something like this could happen.

• Premium Member

These numbers are round about.....

Lo = ~6.0 MILLION

BK = 5.5 Million

Battier = 3.3 million

14.8 Million

JT = 2.15 Million

Hendu = 7.0 Million

Nazr = 4.75 Million+

13.90 Million

Maybe if we dump in Email's 1.0+ million it's a deal.

I'd do it.

DD/BK

DJ/DG/Ira

Battier/Toni/CC

SAR/

Theo/Lo

Actually, here's what I would do to surprise the world... I'd bring in Old man Oakley?

Planning for Playoffs, we'd need a Big Man who was TOUGH. Although I have always thought of Oakley as a thug, he's tough... rebounds. Would be good off the bench...

However, there may be some want for Haslem, Christofferson, or someone else.

Actually, just thought of someone...

Keon Clark!!

First of all, four points is a LOT when you're talking about ppg. That is a BIG difference. Battier is nowhere near the offensive player JT is and never will be.

Knight is not a MAJOR upgrade over anyone. He can't stay healthy and he's undersized. He is a better pure PG than E-mail without a doubt but he's not a better backup PG than Dickau and that's what we have now.

I don't have a problem with Swift but if he's a PF, is he good enough for us to move Reef back to SF?

As far as Dickau getting more assists than JT MAYBE in a few years but not next year. You really think Dickau will average more than 7 apg as a rookie? I think JT will average that many next year while dropping in around 20 ppg.

Nazr is a solid backup Center and I'd just as soon have him as Swift, particularly as long as we have Reef. Hendu I would LOVE to see gone.

As far as Battier goes, I think he's a solid player but nothing spectacular. I think both DJ and DG have the potential to be better once they learn the game. I don't see Battier as all star material and yet I do see JT as potential future All Star. I wouldn't make that trade.