• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dan Dickau

ATLien_

You think that Bibby and Kidd are the two best pure PGs in the league? You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but I have to disagree with you here. I think that Andre Miller is head and shoulders above Bibby as far as being a pure PG and the stats certainly point to that. Bibby is a very good PG, no doubt, but he is a JT type of PG. Kidd really has no other choice since he cant shoot, but he is great at passing and setting his team up. He is the best pure PG in the game today in my mind. Miller is second and then I would say that John Stockton is 3rd (age is the only reason he fell to third) and Terrell Brandon when healthy would be my 4th choice for pure PGs.

I am not sure about the Moochie comparison to Dickau. Mooch really isnt a great passer to be honest, nor a great shooter, but he is adequate in each. He likes to score and he is almost always trying to get to the hole. I think that Dickau is a mix between Stockton (hard nosed and smart) Price (good shooter) Nash (very good at getting to the hole and dishing it) and JKidd (has some of that same ability to see passes that you dont normally see....Stockton also has that)

He is being compared to them for very good reasons.

Nash--they both aggressively attack the basket and look to dish out, and both have floppy hair.

Stockton--he is his idol and mentor, and they both play a very physical game for small PGs

Price--there havent been many more PGs in the game that are as firey as Price, thats one reason, plus Price was a very good shooter, like DD is.

He has similarities to each of these guys.......and sure some of it has to do with them being white, but he is very similar to those guys. I would say that he also has some similarities to JT and Jason Kidd also, and Larry Bird with the way he doesnt jump much to shoot.

with him going as far as he did in the playoffs than anything else. It's amazing how good you can look when you have talent around you. If JT had been in SAC Town and Bibby had been in Atlanta, the results would have been similar. In fact, when Bibby had SAR as his only real option in Vancouver just like JT did last year in the ATL, Bibby's team was WORSE! Don't get me wrong, Bibby is a very good player, I just don't think he is better than Davis, Francis, Miller, Marbury or Payton. Kidd on the other hand is the best PG in the league.

This isn't a personal attack, but I dont give a <---> if you think it is because you are out of line.

THAT is a load of crap I am tired of hearing sob story about how the poor White guy got screwed because of minoity scholarships. My father came to this country with nothing and didn't qaulify for financial aid because he wasn't a citizen, yet he made it through, mind you blacks had only been allowed in the school for a few, maybe 5 or 6, years, like the real man he is he never shed a tear. My brother is at Duke now and hasn't even asked me for a dime even after I offered to pay for it. This isn't the first time I heard "I joined the Army b/c my parents aren't rich and I am white." Personally I think it is a load of crap. Minority qouta that is laughable, Your people weren't attacked or killed just to go to school or learn to read and write, Those schools dont want Africans in unless they play a sport. Besides, most African Americans go to Black Colleges and Universities, so how is it that they so greatly affected you. Oh poor you boy, you live in the wealthiest country in the world, have any opportunity you want if you just try boo hoo. I AM A MAN I DONT CRY OR WHINE I JUST LIVE WITH REALITY. REALITY IS I WILL HAVE TO FIGHT SCRAPE AND STARVE TO MAKE IT. THATS MY REALITY. But I dont sit around blaming the white man. Like my Ancestors who fought the British & French to protect our homeland from the European warmongers, I never shed a tear or succum to the torment of my enemies. I just keep fighting.

"They fear our education not because it will destroy opportunity for them, but instead they fear that we will nolonger be there SCAPEGOATS that we will rise with dignity and assume our position of Kings and Queens" -Malcom X

"This world don't owe me s#it anything I get I gotta work hard for it " - NOTORIOUS BIG

I am not blaming any race for me not getting my scholarship. I am just pointing out the facts. I dont care what you think and will not be responding to anymore of your posts on this subject or of the like and I encourage everyone else to do the same. You have offered absolultely nothing to the board and everyone can see it.

Oh yeah and good for your father, he is just like the majority of the immigrants who came over here, just like my family 2 generations ago from Ireland and like most of the people in this country. Not too many people came to America already wealthy ya know.

But once again, this is my final reply to you and I encourage everyone else to do the same because you arent trying to do anything but stir people up.

End of subject I want to talk about the hawks yet somehow we end up on this. I dont bring up race because I dont want to discuss it so LET EVERYONE STICK TO BASKETBALL. I think I am going to build a site that will serve as a forum for social issue and Sports. I will post it sometime this month.

PS Dont say I don't offer anything to this forum, you may not agree with me as I often disagree with you, but I dont go so far as to tell people not to respond to your post or attempt to degrade the validity of your opinion.