• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks should make a play for Jonathan Bender.

KB21

I've been watching him in the playoffs, and I believe this guy would blossom onto the NBA scene with more minutes and a starting opportunity that he isn't going to get in Indiana.

With a bidding war likely to ensue with Stephen Jackson, Jonathan Bender would not be a bad secondary option to look at. The Hawks would have to work out a trade to get him, but Indiana has been interested in Jason Terry in the past. Would Indiana be willing to do a Bender for Terry straight up deal?

Billy Knight wants a longer, more athletic team. Well, you aren't going to find many small forwards that are 7-1 and can run and shoot the ball like Bender can.

I was sort of thinking the same thing after watching him last night. He still is more of a Small Forward than power forward since he likes to face the basket. The pacers are already strong enough I wouldn't want to send them Terry I would rather send JT out to the west. Would you trade the 17th pick for Bender?

Quote:

I would. Indiana wouldn't.

Bender was the 5th pick in his draft. Indiana isn't going to get decreased return for him.

Terry for Bender wouldn't be a bad deal for Atlanta.

Bender has a nasty contract and I don't want to see the Hawks take that on. I do want Terry shipped out, but at the cost of adding someone we aren't even sure will make it?

I was thinking about how we could aquire Bender last season, but I have now dropped it, because of his contract. We aren't in a postion to lock someone up for a few years, and not even know if they are going to mount to anything.

Use Terry to go after Harrington.

Bender's contract is not that bad. The most he will make in any season is a little over $7 million, and for what he could be, that is a bargain.

Al Harrington doesn't fit what the Hawks want to do. He is a tweener that will never be a starter in the NBA. He doesn't have the length nor the athleticism that Billy Knight is looking for either.

I like Bender - actually he's the one guy that I watch whenever the Pacers play. I think he's got a good upside as an offensive player but he seems a little timid to me. Also, he appears to lack awareness on the defensive end where his lack of aggressiveness really hurts him....

I agree with you on Harrington not being athletic and he's not a guy that I'd pursue for the Hawks. As a whole, I really think that the Pacers are overrated and have maxed out as a team..

I wonder how long Bender's contract is? For 7 million a year if the pacers took Terry I would do it.One less position to worry about then with no17 pick I would probably go shooting guard(Luke Jackson possibly).It would be nice to get Bender at small forward,Jackson shoot guard,(Biedrins) power forward unless we could trade up for Howard,and have Sura has the point plus in round 2 find a center that may be a project.

This lineup would still not have a potential superstar unless the hawks trade up but it is setting a core of players to build around to maybe have a top free agent to consider the Hawks.

Your right about Harrington in alot of ways, but I think he will start at some point, and he should start. He doesn't have the athleticism to do alot of things, but he is a solid player to trade for if he fits the needs of the team.

I was only saying I would perfer us to pursue someone like Harrington if we are going to pay someone that type of money. Harrington has proved he is solid, and is only wanting to start.

Bender has alot of talent, but has yet to bust out, and maybe he only needs a full-time sitution. I caution when thinking about adding Bender, because his contract is around 4 more years, and it peaks 7 million plus. Bender has a bad contract considering he has yet to prove anything, other than he has talent.

I am wanting to get rid of Terry, but if we are going to add Bender in return I hope we can gain a draft pick also.

Something to make the deal a bit better, because as I stated above Bender contract is what turns me off.

Quote:

Bender's contract is not that bad. The most he will make in any season is a little over $7 million, and for what he could be, that is a bargain.

Al Harrington doesn't fit what the Hawks want to do. He is a tweener that will never be a starter in the NBA. He doesn't have the length nor the athleticism that Billy Knight is looking for either.