07. Phoenix Suns

08. Toronto Raptors

09. Philadelphia 76ers

10. Cleveland Cavaliers

11. Golden State Warriors

12. Seattle Supersonics

13. Portland Trailblazers

14. Utah Jazz

I've just got a gut feeling that this is the year the Hawks get smiled upon and win the draft lottery.

I am keeping my fingers crossed the hawks get a top pick but you have to ask the question what is the lowest lotto team to win the lottery? I think the Rockets I could be wrong.If a miracle did happen and the hawks get no1 how about Howard and then trade into the top 10 and get J Smith or Devin Harris or a center that isn't a bench warmer!

• Premium Member

That's what I was going to post and ask everyone who they think SHOULD end up with a top pick. Then, what are the chances that we predict what actually falls...?

Anywho...

I believe the 1, 2, and 3 will fall...

Atlanta

Orlando

Chicago

or

Orlando

Philly

Atlanta

And...

The Bulls and Clippers will absolutely not land either of the top 2 picks...

• Premium Member

Mark my words... there is historical precedent to believe that Philly or Chicago -- or both -- will figure in the top 3.

We *may* get one of those slots just based on pure sympathy.

Btw... anyone know why the so-called-lottery got moved off of Sunday afternoon? Seems strange media-wise, since Monday sports sections this time of year are begging for filler.

agree with the move. it's baffling. No idea why....except that Sunday's game was on cable, and it was Lakers Twolves, which, if you care at all, you found a way to watch.

I didn't check to see where Wednesday's game was televised before making this post.

If my pure theory is right, the wednesday game will be on ABC with the Pacers' Pistons. increase the interest in the East, good pr move.

I'd bet nearly anything that Orl will get at least a top three pick. The league needs TMac to stay put and with reason to do so. This from someone who's not a conspiracy theorist. I doubt the one, and now that I think of it, even the two....but the three. I'd take 60:40 odds for the Hawks getting top three (no parlay).

in a way it'd be fitting for us to get the two....if someone else takes Howard, well, then we dont' get the hometown LeBron (no comparison)....but we still get the number 2 in the media's eyes....perhaps the one would be truly up to discretion....if you conspire.