• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Moves To Get Howard

hawks1

Trade 1: (3 Way Deal)

Atlanta Trades: JT, Chris Crawford, #17, and #42-

Atlanta Receives: #2, Jahidi White , Marko Jiric, Melvin Ely

Why: Draft Howard or Okafur, Smith at 6. Then sign Kenyon at almost max. Allows new ownership to fill Philips with 2 Atlanta High-Schoolers, but then surround them with vetern, vocal leadership with Martin but also let kids play and get 1 year experience hoping to be competitive in 1 year.

Jiric (6' 7), Diaw (6' 8), Smith (6' 8), Martin (6' 10), Howard (6' 11) - tall team with athletcism but also leaves them with tons of cap room in 2005 offseason to go after Ray Allen, etc (approximately 25mil).

LAC Receives: #7, JT

LAC Trades: #2, Marko Jiric, Predrag Drobnjak (take on 1 mil addi)

Why: LAC get the PG with definite scoring power and saves about 500K if Melvin Ely gets taken by the Bobcats compared to holing onto the 2nd pick, Marko, Predrag, and Melvin. So have plenty of money to go after Kobe or just save the money and still improves team:

JT, Kobe?, Corey Magette, Elton Brand, Kaman

Phoenix Trades: #7, Jahidi White

Phoenix Receives: #17, Chris Crawford, #42

Why? Saves 3.5 million dollars compared to keeping the #7 and White, so gives money to go for Kobe but also keeps a first round pick. At 17, takes Jameer Nelson.

JN, Kobe?, Marion, Stoudamire, ?? with Johnson off the bench.

Thoughts? Definitely think all 3 teams would go with this.

i like it...

dont know if its exactly fair for all teams (havent given it much thought), but other than that- i like it for us...

however... if we do sign KMART for almost MAX... do u expect Howard to move to the 5 just like that?

and with KMART, howard will never play the 4th spot on the hawks...

and if he does, KMART will be the highest-paid backup in the league...

that bein said, i say "NO" to kmart for the max...

now around 6-8 million... im all for it... thats like gettin a $500 coupon for a $1000 computer... lol