Allen Iverson to the Timberwolves?

Bulldog

On Fox Sports pages there is a suggestion of an Iverson for Wally Szczerbiak and Michael Olowokandi. What??!! Wally had 10 points 3 rebounds a game last year and Kandi had 6.5ppg and 5.8 rpg. All that for a former league MVP...? The Sixers would be mad.

The only way they trade AI that I see is for another star like Vince Carter, McGrady or to build around an up and coming big man like Zach Randolph with others thrown in to make the deal sweet.

I dont really see AI traded anyway as he sells out their arena every night and is still the heart of the team.

Does anyone else see AI moving this summer?

Here is the Fox link:

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2470218

• Admin

Iverson would destroy that team from the inside out. No way the Timberwolves do it. I think the Sixers would be keen to do it before the Wolves would be. Iverson is a disease.. He will ruin any team he goes to. Especially a team as focused as the Wolves...

I mean can you imagine Iverson going into a rant about "practice..." while playing on a team with Garnett, Cassell and Spree....being managed by Kevin Mchale? haha.

That trade would go over like a fart in church...

I'm really surprised that you say that. I mean he led his team to the NBA Finals without too much around him... Also Minnesota have realised now that they overpaid for Wally and the Kandiman who didnt add too much this year. Isnt the risk of getting AI worth it for what he might bring to the table?

There is no doubting his talent and a starting 5 of Cassell, Iverson, Garnett, Sprewell and Johnson is pretty formidable. Maybe the challenge of playing with those guys with a real chance at a ring might motivate him to practice more anyway. I have to say if I were McHale I would pull the trigger - you have to take some chances to get to the top.

• Admin

they can't put anyone with talent around him. He cannot play with another player who demands the ball. Iverson HAS to get a lot of shots to be anything in this league. If he were only allowed 15 shots per game (about what he would get on that team), he would average 17ppg (w/ free throws) on 40% shooting, or less. Do you really thing Allen Iverson is going to be happy and coexist with his teammates in that kind of situation?

I said from day one that Kandi was a waste of money. He's a heartless seven footer, nothing more. But Iverson is not the answer for them. All that team needs is time, experience and a few more quality role players. They do not need another poor shooting, ball hogging, bad attitude star.

that deal! Olowokandi was a HUGE disappointment and although Wally played well in the playoffs, he is nowhere near Iverson. Minny would be all over that deal for several reasons:

1) Adding Iverson to Minnesota would make them almost impossible to defend. AI could DEFINITELY play with a bunch of other stars as he has proved on numerous occasions in All Star games. His points will go down but his assists will go way up. KG would LOVE playing with AI because as good as KG is, he still likes to set up his teammates as much as he likes to score.

2) Having a go to option like AI would make Minny so much tougher in the playoffs. AI would be like Troy Hudson on steroids for Minnesota.

3) Can you imagine how many tickets a team featuring two former league MVPs would sell both at home and on the road?

The problem with this deal is that Philly doesn't get NEARLY enough for AI. AI is still one of the biggest draws in the game and that alone is worth a high lottery pick and a quality player. I'll bet CHI would give up #3, Chandler, Robinson and a resigned Crawford for AI and #9 and I'd MUCH rather have that than Olowokandi and Sczerbiak.