snively

• Premium Member

IThe draft could go like this....

#2. Howard.

#3. Deng - Possibly going to GS.

#4. Livingston

#5. Gordon

#6. Harris.

The question is this... With Arenas/Blake. Does Washington take Biedrins or do they take Gordon?

Gordon is an Arenas clone. Washington has no need for him as far as I can tell. They are in a funny spot in the draft because of what will be available versus their existing roster. Either they take Biedrins - or a flyer on another big man - or they create a logjam at the point or on the wing (they already have Stackhouse, Hughes, Jefferies and the dude from Georgia).

and trade Stackhouse and/or Hughes. They definitely have the majority of their talent in the backcourt or on the wings but with the POSSIBLE exception of Biedrins, no other big man merits a top 10 pick in my opinion after Okafor and Howard go 1-2.

In the mock draft, I took Biedrins at #5 for just the reasons you suggested but I could see taking Iguodala and pairing him with Arenas and Jarvis Hayes to create an outstanding trio in the backcourt. Iquodala considers himself to be more playmaker than scorer and Arenas and Hayes like to shoot the ball. I think they would fit well together.

If we don't trade up, I'm beginning to like Iguodala more and more for us at #6. I'd put him at SG, JT at PG and Jax at SF. I think his ballhandling, passsing and D would compliment JT and Jax VERY well.

If Washington can trade Hughes and Stack then you are right, Igoudala is a great fit. I am just not sure there are many suitors for those guys, particularly Stackhouse and his contract.

As for Igoudala and the Hawks, he would be a good fit with Terry and Jackson but I wonder if we already have a player with similar upside in Diaw. Diaw has a very similar skill set to Igoudala (they are basically the same age), and with a year under his belt, might offer similar production. Diaw definitely has skills, the question is whether he will ever develop the aggressiveness to fully take advantage of those skills. I am on the fence as to how and answer that question.

and Iguodala. Their skill sets are VERY similar (though Iguodala is significantly more athletic). Still, with the skills that those 2 have, they could play well together because one would always be looking to get the other a better shot. If Diaw would start taking open looks, they could be a tough duo to handle, particularly because they both defend so well.