• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To the 5 Boroughs

phoostal

The Beastie Boys have done it again. Pure genius. If you haven't picked up their new album "To the 5 Boroughs" you need to. This rates up there with some of their top stuff. It's not replacing Paul's Boutique as my favorite. It is pretty darn good though.

P

• Admin

But I just can't get beyond it sounding like EVERYTHING else they've done. It's got some good tracks. But lyrically and rhyme wise, it's a cliche. I mean they are the beastie Boy, you've got to expect a certain amount of their signature style (b-boy/club slang). But I'd like to hear them stretch out a little more ala pauls boutique and Ill Communication.

Paul's is their best work. I think you have take the Beastie's for who they are. They have their own unique style that makes them one of a kind. That you have to respect. They didn't sell out, they stayed true to their roots. Yes, they have some cliche lines. That is the beauty of them. Blowing up like Joe Bazooka or More rhymes than Carl Sagan's got turtlenecks, are lines only the Beastie's could throw out. You love or hate them, but you have to respect what they brought to the rap industry.

P