• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith said....

JTFan31

Quote:

“Josh Smith is a young player who we think has huge potential,” Knight said. “That will require us to work with him, and we think he’s a willing pupil. We think he has things that you can’t teach – the naturally athletic body, he’s long and rangy, he plays above the rim, and we have to work on the skill sets that he needs. He’s been so good up to this point with just athleticism.”

“This is very exciting to me,” Smith said. “I’m looking forward to playing back at home in front of the crowd. I feel I have the ability and the talent to play with these guys, but I need to work on some things. I will play hard every second I’m on the court this season, and do what I have to do to improve.”

I feel this kid is ready to work hard and I have confidence in him that he will do everything to improve his game, watch out for Josh in 3 years.

At 17 yoa, a kid who says "play hard ever second on the court, and do what I have to do to improve" says a lot to me.

For a kid coming out of high school, it's great for him to play near home. He has the supporting cast in friends and family. I don't believe distractions living near home will effect him.

More than anything, I would hope Josh Smith will be a gym rat like Ron Artest.

Living in Ga, I think Josh Smith wants Hawks fans to embrace him. He wants to represent Atlanta, and in doing so, he has to work on every aspect of his game.

besides dad travelin with him, I ahve a feeling he's gonig to live at home this coming year. no knowledge, just a logical assumption. That would be good for him, keep him out of trouble.

you also have to respect/like his reasons for leaving McEachern (sp) to go to Oak Hill. To me, that shows some drive/desire. Maybe it was a ploy to get more exposure...but in doing so, it would also show his warts (against a much higher talent base).

As many ahve said, a month ago we were projecting him at the 6...instead we got him at the 17 and, with Childress on board, have no real reason to start him unless he earns his minutes/the spot. About the perfect situation for a HS kid with rumoured "desire" lacking.

you want to play? you want to start? fine. Here's one guy with three years of college ball, excellent handle, and fine range from deep. oh, you want to play beside him? here's a guy who's been pro since he was sixteen, stayed in Europe to refine his game, was MVP of his (top tier) league...and won their slam dunk contest.

you want it? prove it.

I'm glad at least a few of us are positive around here. For all of you that are so down, do you realize that we are set at the wing positions for a long, long time (Childress/Diaw/Smith's) AT LEAST 2 of those guys will be worthy starters at SG/SF. If 3 of them prove worthy than Diaw can work some at PG to create minutes.

JT/Ivey

Child/Hansen

Diaw/JSmith/DSmith

PF/C is where it gets tricky. I definitely think Collier is worth picking up at BU PF for a minimal price. He has good offensive game and can extend the defense.

Good Point. Just 3 weeks ago Smith was a promise and still definitely is.....he was suppose to go 6 to us and we were lucky to get Child at 6 and Smith at 17. Smith will be good, actually he will be great....he is only 18 years old and with so much potential...in time you know he will improve with his ball handling skills and shooting ability. Defense can be taught and learn, but one thing that cant be improve is ahleticism, he is gifted with that and he is the best in this draft at it. One thing I like about him, he takes the ball to the hole with authority and he likes playing physical....so folks get ready for some rowdy phillips arena, cus Josh Smith will bring that and more.

Precisley this guy plays physical and I love that out of a high schooler. He is attacking the basket and the boards. One things for sure he is not timid and he will stick his head in there and battle. Did you watch the clips of him playing defense? He may lead our team in blocks in the future.