• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favorite restaurant in ATL?

cyman3

• Admin

For me it depends on the type of food. My hands down favorite would be Stoney River. It's a steak/seafood place. But steaks are their speciality. As far as steaks go, they match up with anyone, anywhere. Ruths Chris, Chops, etc. What sets them apart from the others, IMO, is everything else. Their salads and sides are better than the main course at a lot of places. I always get a steak when I go. BUt I have tried bites of other things (crab cakes, salmon) and they were excellent as well.

other places that rate pretty high are Kobe steaks (habachi), Umezono (sushi), Scallinis (italian) and lots of good hole in the wall indian joints.

Stoney River and Ray's are nice, but when we want to spend a buck or two on dinner, we take it to the River Room, just off of Mt. Paran and Cobb Parkway, inside the Post Riverside community.

My wife really gets into the steaks there, and I find a nice variety of fine foods in which to dabble. We have been there 7 times in the past 18 months, and we have had terrific service 6 times out of those 7 trips.

Other categories:

Wings: Wing Factory on Roswell Rd, inside the perimeter

Burgers: Vortex is nice, I still dig the Double Stack (w/bacon) at Wendy's.

Italian: I am partial to Scalini's on Cobb Parkway, but Maggiano's is fantastic as well.

Cheap: Ever since I moved here, Eat's has always been a cheap favorite. Jerk Chicken plate..mmmmmm. Also the Mad Italian, Sonny's (it's a Gator thing), any fast food place (Taco Bell)

Mexican: Soooo many places to get Mexican food in this city.

Cuban: There is a place off of N. Druid Hills, I think...mmmm...cuban food.

Chinese: I like anything, except that Grand Buffet crap, but PF Chiang's is pretty darn good. On the cheaper tip, I could eat mall chinese all the time....

Pizza: Rocky's, Il Forno, and even the Mushroom

National Chains: Friday's, Cracker Barrell

Overrated places: Ruth Chris, Killer Creek

Places I would like to try: Obviously, I don't have very discriminating tastes, so we don't always lay down the big bucks for dinner, but if we did, here are some places I would like to try:

The Palm, Bones, Fogao de Chao, and any other nice steakhouse....mmmmmm....steakhouse.....

im a big fan of Maggiano's. i just love their meat sauce SPAGHETTI.

i also prefer STEAK AND SHAKE over all those fastfood hamburger chains (mcDs/Burgerking/Wendys/etc).

Ive been to Eat's, the one near GA TECH... wasnt exactly a good experience. imo- the chicken is burnt and the food isint that great (maybe i caught them on the wrong day?).

but yea, i still wanna try Bones and Fogao de Chao.

• Admin

I thought Bones was overrated. I put it right up there with Killer Creek. Good food but standard fare, not worthy of the price.

Fogo, to me, is more of a event than a restaurant. The food is good. But not so good that you feel pulled to the place. It's more the event of eating that way that makes it so fun. Since Fogo came along there are numerous places that offer the same style food. But Fogo was by far the best. The salad bar was great and the meats were the best spiced of the 3 I've tried. The other places were overly salty for my tastes.