• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How defensive would you want to be....

Diesel

• Premium Member

On the heels of the Detroit article I read... it said that Joe is taking calls for Barry and Wallace.

I was thinking...

Would anyone here trade SAR/CC for Barry/Wallace?

First imagine defense:

JT/DD

Barry/Glover

DJ/Toni/Ira

Wallace/Hendu/Haslem

Theo/Nazr

Now... I realize that offensively we would be horrid. But defensively, we'd be awesome.

NOW... let's play D.A.

What if on the other hand...

We traded Theo/Glover for Mash/Magloire.

JT/DD

DJ/Ira

Mash/Toni/CC

SAR/Hendu/Haslem(?)

Magloire/Nazr.

Which would be better. A more defensive team or a more offensive team?

I would never do the first one... reef is better than wallace and wallace always is getting in trouble....

The 2nd trade you posted is actuallly a very good one for us IF Mash would be healthly the majortiy of the season. I think Maligore is an up and coming center in this league.

no way I'd do the first one - Barry's a great bench player and Wallace just can't score squat. Then we'd have two people in the post and couldn't pass in to either one of them...

the Hornets aren't going to do the second. You don't trade big for small like that, and they don't have an immediately pressing need to "get a C." Also, just fyi, Mash's "mystery illness" had to do with him contracting a virus that hurt his food absorption and exacerbated a previously exisiting digestive deficieny - pernicious anemia (i.e. trouble absorbing B12). It was rumored to have spread to his ear (the virus), thus causing the dizziness that kept him out for the playoffs, but there's really no reason that such events should carry over...(though his earlier season injury is a point of concern). There I go, dorking out again: short and sweet, he should be fully recoverd from his playoff illness...no way they trade him.

"reef is better than wallace and wallace always is getting in trouble...."

- Ben Wallace has been getting into trouble? Is that true or were u talking/thinking about RASHEED WALLACE?

Ben Wallace is the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR but not good enuf to handle Reef. Reef scored 50 points on him last year and it was quite a show!

I think we need REEF more than wallace. Wallace and Ratliff would be the 2 best BIG MEN DEFENSIVE WISE, but together they cant score if their life depended on it....

Wallace's offense is NASTY.

That first lineup his disgusting and we would win about

15 games if we were lucky.Talk about defense all you

want,but if you can't put the ball in the basket you are

going nowhere.