• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eddy Curry

Ikeatlanta

Would be the perfect young center the hawks need, but I don't know how we can get him without at least sacrificing this upcoming season and waiting for him to become restricted, which isnt really a good idea. I do know Mike Woodson would bring out his potential and make him work harder.

if ANYONE can bring all that potential out of him. The kid is going into a contract season and the owner and GM call him in and basically tell him that the team wants to build around him. They tell him that all he has to do is stay in shape and the they will give him a max contract extension this season. What does he do? Blows off his workouts and gains THIRTY FIVE POUNDS. He's so fat and out of shape right now that when Coach Skiles was asked how he was doing, he just shook his head in disgust and said he didn't want to talk about it.

The bottom line is that the kid has all the skills but he lacks the desire it takes to maximize his talent. It is certainly not too late for him to become the player he could be but he had better straighten up quick or he could end up being a big time disappointment.

.....if you get a guy expecting your coach to make him work harder, then you are making a mistake. Guys who lack work ethic don't suddenly get a better work ethic just because the coach pushes them.

Eddy Curry is a talented guy who may go down as one of the biggest underachievers in league history. Mike Woodson would quickly make him a whipping boy, but, as the phrase states, you can't change a leopard's spots.

Last year, I watched Jason Collier keep Curry from getting to his spot offensively, keep him off the boards, and basically did what he wanted to do offensively against Curry. Think about that. Collier should be completely outmatched when going up against Eddy Curry, but Collier owned him in this match up. The reason. Curry just goes through the motions whereas Collier spills his guts out there. Jason Collier gets the most out of his talent. Eddy Curry doesn't. Collier isn't a long term answer, but I'd rather have the guy that is going to play hard for me than the guy who is simply to lazy and doesn't give a damn.

While eddy has no work ethic, this guy could be a dominant player. i've seen him a couple of times dominate the raptors last year. He was great, making shots in the paint, banging his body around. I think this guy needs some motivation. he is clearly distracted in the fame and nba business. he came to camp overwieght, i don't think he realizes what he has to do to succed. everything has come easy to him. if had gone to college he would never have been drafted in the lottery. i think he will be a erick dampier type player with a few less rebounds.

Eddie Curry has averaged 20 in numerous stretches of an Nba season. I don't think Eric Dampier has come close to those kind of achievements. Dampier is like a juwan howard, their stats are the same every night. Howard will give you 15 a night consistently, but scores over 20 once in a blue moon. Dampier will give you 12 and 12 every night, anything more than that is just extra. but Curry is someone that has shown he is capable of putting 30 down if he wants to and is dedicated to. Id rather take a young Curry over an aging Dampier. I would love Swift over those two, but If we get Swift that means Al has to play the 3 which might not be his best suit.