• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Debunking the Delk as starting PG myth

_sturt_

Relying on Tony Delk to start at PG challenges history. Delk is what he is -- a poor man's new era Byron Scott who might've been less a journeyman through his career had the injury bug not been such a consistent pest.

Delk is an adequate idea for a Vinnie-Johnson-kind-of-role. Any other idea of how to use him is a venture into unproven waters.

• Moderators

Delk started at PG for Charlotte for a while and I think it is clear that he is a competent but limited ballhandler and is not a playmaker. He has a good jumpshot and plays hard and professionally but he clearly is not a longterm starter at PG. However, if it comes down to Ivey or Delk then I think you need to start Delk.

Yup, I think Delk can start given our other playmakers. Also I'd say we are likely to start Childress who is a do anything kinda player who as a rookie could use a shooting point beside him to relieve some of the shooting pressure. Same goes with Diaw. I think it will work fine, my biggest concern is who'll back him up, especially as he's injured.

If Delk give us 30mpg for the first half of the season we'll be fine, if not we'll have to sign another point, assuming we dont before the season starts.