• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

yahoo fantasy

Boondocks

Hi all, the season is there again for some fantasy ball, so..

which forum regular is going to be the commish this year in our yearly head-to-head league?

Dolfan, our previous commish, doesn't have enough time on his hands this year and I'm well, on another continent, so who wants to be the commish this year?

Only serious suitors apply wink.gif

UHm, 3 things,

1. as I'm in europe and well, 6-7 hours earlier, I'd appreciate moving the live draft to an earlier slot as currently it would be 3 in the morning for me. If it were midnight or earlier I'd have no problem with it, else I'll have to make a very very extensive pre-ranking and such.

2. What is this

BN, BN, BN, DL

in the entire list of

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, DL

I'm guessing BN is IL but then what is DL? Two IL slots should be more then enough though.

[edit] DUH, it's bench, didn't think of that, nevermind crazy.gif [/edit]

3. as for the scoring

FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

I'd add OREB, fouls and most important 3pt%.

just my 2 cents

i'm not trying to be a hard ass or against anyone...just wondering if the same inclusion principles apply as in previous years. know that while not bitter about things...i was denied entrance into the 'squawk league last year due to my not having experience in fantasy basketball. just wondering if the same principles, "experienced players only in primary league" still applied.

just a question.

then i would request that, as the league only holds 14 members, and, with the knowledge taht a second league can be created (as last year) that is open to anyone...that, in regards to the "1st team league" that only people with a real zeal, commitment, sign up.

I learned quite a bit last year: what makes a fantasy player different from a "NBA" player; (in playing multipel fantasy baseball leagues this summer) the difference between "following a team" and knowing players from most teams (if not all; yes, its "easier" in basketball) and c) th evalue of activity, trades, etc, from members in a league

I ask only this, as the moderator has deemed previous inlcusion rules null this year....think about thing before you join this league....just my request.

i think we should have anybody who wants to participate in any leagues for here say so by a certain deadline

then we can try to get even number of people in each league....don't wanna have 14 in league 1 and 5 in league 2

or we can just have people join league 1 till full then league 2 and so on...then when we're done with new people, just have some leave one to go to the other if we need to even them out...

Please pretty please with a cherry on top, 3 hours earlier live draft grin.gif

as for the 3pt%, makes kinda sense, else you can get a 3pt chucker to win one category even if he doesn't shoot it at the best percentage as long as he makes more of them. As for the Oreb, with the 2 c's on the roster, I figure teams are going to have alot of rebounds, might as well add some dimension there with another stat column.

Well the first yr I missed the live draft for the same reasons and became 1st of the loosers bracket, last yr I did get to participate in the live draft and came in a close 2nd after leading most of the season ( I guess I put too much emphasis on players stats, should have had more players on winning teams who would've continued to play hard because their games meant something at the end of the season).

Anyway, no response yet from the commish but I really really want to participate in the livedraft, and since it’ll take 2 hours or so skipping a nights sleep will not be appreciated at my job (where everybody is a soccer fan so you understand why I love doing this).

Anyway continued, there are currently 15 teams in the league of a maximum of 20,

1.We need even numbers to continue with the draft, so those interested please join up now

2. Just another reason why the live draft is important, as the trick is not in the first few rounds but in the later stages especially in such a large league as this one.