• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about Lee Nailon?

ATLien_

We have discused Lewis, Marshall and others as freeagent possiblities in Atlanta, so how about Nailon? I really don't know all that much about him, but I know he more than held his own when Mash was out, plus he is young.

Can someone that has watched him play more tell me more about his game offensively,defensively and athletically.

Would he be a good fit in Atlanta, and if so what would it take to sign him because he is a freeagent.

If he is good I would just as assume sign him then trade some of our players.

I like Nailon. I think he could be a 14-16 ppg scorer as a 3rd option. He has a nice midrange game kind of in the mold of a left handed Big Dog (not quite as good though). In Mash's absence last year, he started 41 games and his stats were as follows:

32.2 mpg, 50% fg, 15.0 ppg, 5.0 rbg, 1.8 apg, 1.1 spg.

He's not the athlete that Eddie Robinson was for Charlotte but his offensive game is more polished. He's a lefty and I think that causes problems for his defenders at times. I think he would fit just fine with us because he can shoot the midrange J so well and he rebounds. He has EXCELLENT size (about 6'9", 238 lbs. He's NOT a great ballhandler (he wouldn't be very effective at all as a point forward) but he is a decent passer.

All that being said, I don't think the Hawks will make him an offer because they will go into luxury tax land if they sign him as a FA. If Ira starts asking for ridiculous money though (anything more than $1.5 million/season), I'd start calling Nailon's agent immediately. Who knows what the cheap Hornets will do? Nailon may not get any kind of offer from them this year because they have a lot of SFs (Mash, Lynch, etc).

I'd rather see us land Mike Miller than Nailon because of their styles of play. Miller is more of a 2/3 while Nailon is more of a 3/4. Nailon's game is actually somewhat similar to that of Donyell Marshall (though I think Marshall is DEFINITELY the better all around player).

Thanks for the info Trace. I would definitley like to see someone at SF that has range out to the 3 point line. If he doesn't have that I don't think he will be to good of a fit. We need somone to punish people for doubling Reef.

I hope Ira has worked on his J a lot this summer. It would have been nice to get a glimpse of him in the summer league.