• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drafting a center is not for ATL

Gambit99

Look you guy's have been complaining about a true center for us, and are looking to draft one. I believe that would be a waste.

Just as we saw last night was what happens when you give a highschooler 4yrs to learn. J O'neal rode pine for years in Portland, then went to the Pacers. TMac rode pine. Kobe rode pine. Bender rode pine(we'll see this year and next). Harrington rode pine(we'll see this year). Steve Jackson played all over the world. KG played but didn't do much for a couple of years.

So who's on tap:

Curry- has had 4 years to develope in Chi. and will be one of the better centers in the league

Chandler- same as Curry, except he's a much better defender and rebounder and who I would love to have. He could develope into a scoring Deke.

Diop- has the size, but cleveland will never let him go so they can replace Ilgauskus(sp).

KBrown- will be a good center when he gets into a system that will teach him how to play mentally, damn.

I believe they all will be available as FA or RFA. I'd rather get one of them instead of one of the guys from the draft who will need to grow and learn. Ivey will be our starting point next year, so in the draft we should get the best available player.

For those who say no one will come to ATL, I garuntee that any of the aboved guys will come here for a chance to prove themselves or just to get more money. Their young they have atleast 2-3 more contracts in their careers.

• Premium Member

His name is Stromile Swift.

He was drafted by Billy Knight. Knight wanted him this summer but knew that making an offer would only allow West to keep Swift. NOW Swift is untradable and going to be unrestricted... Hello Atlanta. Meet your new C, Stromile Swift. We might sign both Swift and Walker... Then turn around and draft either Paul or Jack... AND MAYBE the kid from MSU.

Swift/Peja

Walker/J-Smooth/ PF from Miss. St.

Harrington/D. Smith

Childress/Barry/Diaw

Ivey/Jack

Say Hello to your 2005-2006 A Hawks.

we'll have 23mil next year. I wouldn't trade for him or any of the others, I would wait for FAcy. Why give up anything when we don't have to. That's why I agree with Diesel about Swift(although I don't want him) why give away what you can keep and add to.

Ivey/Pick?/Anderson

JChill/Barry/DSmith

Al/JSmooth

Walker/Willis

Chandler or Curry or Brown or Swift/PDiddy

ir: Collier/Delk/Pick?

Hell if we could get two of those guys to split time at C/PF that would be a dream.