C all me Crazy......

Diesel

• Premium Member

If you're honest, you have to look at our track record with draft picks...

The regime that traded away draft picks were the same guys who picked:

Glover, Bowdler, JT, Demarr, and Ed Gray in a 4 yr stint...

Tell me, which of these guys made it to a second contract save the #10 pick JT?

My point is that the draft is as easily a bad thing as it is a good thing and we have seen that in my time as a Hawks fan.

I think it's a good idea to trade for a player who may still become a star than to start over with a guy who is nothing but potential. I look at getting Kwame the same way that Indy looked at getting J. Oneal. Kwame is at the same stage in his basketball Career... WIth guys like Rasheed Wallace and KG praising Brown and suggesting that a change of scenery my do the trick for him, I can't see not going after him... He's still 7'0 270 and can handle the ball...

there does seem to be a trend for guys to break out about 4 years into the league and after being traded to a new team...especially when it comes to high schoolers...

so i'd like to get kwame, if we don't mortgage the farm for him....

i'd CONSIDER a future first (not this year's) IF protected adequately...depends on all of the terms, but i'd CONSIDER it

• Premium Member

I think a trade that both teams could live with is:

CC/Diaw/1st (Protected (Wretch), 2006)

For Kwame.

It gives us room to make the move for Swift/Walker.

It gives us room to draft either Jack/Paul/Felton... I am leaning towards Jack becuase of size and floor vision.

It gives Washington... Something now in the form of Diaw...who can play the 1,2, or 3 and would be a good addition to Arenas/Hughes/the guy from GA...

It also gives them a shot at a 2006 pick.. I would probably protect it to the top 8 for the first year. Top 3 in 2007 and unprotected in 2008.

I think Kwame may be the next Oneal...

• Premium Member

But you know what happens when you assume right? smirk.gif

Seriously though, that's huge when you are talking about a trade no matter what the calibur of players involved is. The difference between:

Boris Diaw/CC/1st(Top 3 prot. 2006) vs Boris Diaw/CC/1st(Top 10 prot. 2006) is HUGE.

You rarely see an unprotected 1st given up nowadays, I think Chi just gave up one for Deng, but that's the first question that pops out when anyone starts talking about 1st rounders these days. It almost always accompanies the conversation whether in trade talks or analysis.

All that being said, given significant protection I'm down with this trade.

when trades are involved. I don't think WAS makes the trade if it is top 10 protected. I wouldn't even consider it if I were their GM. Diaw MIGHT be able to help them some as a defender off the bench but who's minutes is he going to take? Hayes gets the bulk of their minutes off the bench at the swing postion and I would definitely take Hayes over Boris.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

Sign Swift, Resign Walker.

After the deal, We would have 20 million coming this summer.

I figure 10 million to Walker.

6 million to Swift.

2 million for the Rookie.

That leaves about 2 million for routine Signings....

I would sign Walker to a 6 yr 69 million dollar deal.

I would sign Swift to the type deal that Foyle got.

• Admin

If you look at it from Washington's side what do they gain???

They are waiting for Kwame to get back to start him at PF and allowing Jamison to move to SF. They are already strong at both guard and sf so Diaw doesn't really have a position.

I don't see this helping their team.

However, a team that can use a SG is Denver. Nene is a nice player to look at too. The problem is that they need a scorer at that position and Diaw doesn't fill that role either.

• Premium Member

Diaw/CC/Protected 1st (2006) for Nene...

Still, I like Kwame Better. I think that Washington would be interested simply because they are rebuilding, Heywood, Thomas, Ruffin, Jeffries have been holding down the 4/5 positions and having a 1st rounder helps... Also, Their 1/2/3 is no where near the picture of health...

Arenas/Hughes/Hayes stay on the IR.

I think it'll take a 1st rounder to get Kwame or Curry or those type players/high draft picks. I'd love to see BK figure out some way to get us a power player by giving up one of our non-Josh swingmen. Plus if we traded Barry or Delk that would mean more minutes for our other developing swingmen.

'if', big if, this team comes around and starts to make a playoff run...Barry's deep threat, all round game, and energy are the only things that are going to push thme over the top, nigth in and night out...

not worth trading him. he brings too much and provides too little to any team not in a serious playoff hunt AND with room to play him (not so mcuh WASH).

Yes it is, the one and only. I still love my hawks. I’ve been doing some graduate and postgraduate work over the past few years, which limited my time to post but I have followed the team though this reformation. I am very excited to have Babcock, Kaston, and Hendu out of here. In my view Knight has the team moving in the right direction although it will take more time to be true contenders.

A few old timers are still around but most of the posters are new. Some of the new blood (posters) knows their stuff.

Jester it is good to have you back.