• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks' Future moves....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think our future may have ahead...

Swift/Walker/Harrington/Chills as four out of 5 starters. I think the fifth guy will either be Chris Paul or Jarrett Jack.

I think in the offseason, we will add defense. A C who can block shots. I would love to trade for K. Brown but I don't think that we will do that.

Swift on the other hand is a Billy Knight guy. I think Walker gets a contract. I don't know if he stays but he definitely gets one.

What's the love with Chris Paul? Granted I haven't seen him play but I liked what I saw from Raymond Felton last week. He is stronger and bigger than Paul (Felton 195lbs, Paul 175lbs) and he has longer arms. Felton is very athletic for a Pointguard but he still has pointguard instincts. He could be a Stephon Marbury with good defensive skills and athleticism.

• Premium Member

Actually,

I like the underdog Jack most of all because he's a big PG with a PG's mentality. However, if we are picking that high, Paul becomes a reality because he's the type of player that can put up the big numbers. He's maybe the next AI...

I really hope we draft Chris Paul with our 1st pick. He will be an impact PG in the NBA.

Then we need to draft or sign a legitimate big man after we trade Walker.

This will be a 3 year project to become a legitimate contender. This year, next year and the year after. We will be very good in the 2006 - 2007 season.

Why do you believe Walker will be here next year? He will demand 10 to 12 mill a year and BK will not pay him same. I agree with you that Swift will likely be a BK target with Dalembert, K. Brown, and Chandler as secondary or additional targets. I intend to watch alot of the 4 stud ACC point guards. It is early but I still prefer Jacks. Jacks has good size and strength. He also a pg mentality but can score when needed. Don't count out Gilchrist either. The guy was incredible in the ACC tourney though I see him as more of a 1/2 tweener than true point.

• Premium Member

If Walker continue to lead us in PPG, RPG, APG, and whatever other categories he's leading right now, I think he will be offered the same type contract we offered Kmart. I think Knight is fair in that way. Also, I think Knight realizes that he has to have a guy that can hit the outside shot?

If you agree that we will get Swift. Let's just imagine that we do trade away Walker for let's say a first.

Our likely lineup will be:

PG from Draft, Chillz, Harrington, Swift, and a C from Somewhere.

We don't have a legitimate threat from outside. Harrington shoots but he's streaky. Chillz is about the same. You can't trust a rookie to be your three point shooter.

Moreover, what about Harrington's Rebounds? He has to get over the 6.5 mark by the end of the year to suggest that he can play PF and he has to be doing a lot more passing to prove that he can be SF.

Whereas Walker may be a tweener, but he's a tweener that can get his rebounds and assists.

I just got a feeling that BK didn't just get Walker to bring an end to the Babock era. I think BK really liked the versatility and while he was cheap, BK was willing to take a chance on him.

I can see Walker staying here for 9 million a year because he wants to stay in one place. I think he would take less money for a no trade claus (do they even have those in the NBA.lol)

He carried the Celtics (if you need proof see what they have done without him being the only one who showed up for the first 3 quarters)

Tonight doesn't count though because after the way they have been playing tonight they are actually playing well. It hasn't happened this year so far except 2 times out of 11 games.)

Quote:

Why do you believe Walker will be here next year? He will demand 10 to 12 mill a year and BK will not pay him same. I agree with you that Swift will likely be a BK target with Dalembert, K. Brown, and Chandler as secondary or additional targets. I intend to watch alot of the 4 stud ACC point guards. It is early but I still prefer Jacks. Jacks has good size and strength. He also a pg mentality but can score when needed. Don't count out Gilchrist either. The guy was incredible in the ACC tourney though I see him as more of a 1/2 tweener than true point.

Sorry to change the theme from tonights hairpulling loss, but I also could not help but scout some games tonight by watching the GT and Maryland games. Jack had an excellant controlled game with 16 pts and 11 assists. So far Gilchrist is also having flashes of good play for Maryland. I think both NC (Felton) and WF (Paul) play tomorrow night on ESPN in the ACC/Big 10 challenge. You could call the four point guards the Fantastic Four. I don't think the ACC has had such good point guard play since the late 80's.

The Hawks are a young team as it is. They cannot start out next year with a rookie point guard. This rebuilding stage cannot last for years. One guy to look at is Earl Watson with the Grizzlies. He is a free-agent who puts up good numbers for the minutes he gets to play. He started tonight for the Griz and put up 19pts and 9 ast. We should draft a big man with our number one and also sign or trade for one using Walker as bait. Kwame would be my target. The other option is to use Diaw at the point exclusively.

Wade did pretty good as a rookie pg..oh and he's doing average this year....

Chris Paul is who we should draft. Felton is another possibility, but why Jack?

He just hasn't done much to garner a top pick IMO. Everyone says its because he is a tall pg. But he is only 6'3''. Felton is 6'1'' but also has a longer wingspan and MUCH better pg skills. Paul is a true gamer, he can take a team on his back, or set up others if his shot is struggling, plus he is blazingly fast and plays with a ton of heart.

From watching some of the UNC game Jarrett Jack's game seems to resemble that of Royal Ivey. I don't see him being that much better than Ivey other than he might have better range on his jumper. Chris Paul or Raymond Felton are the guys we should consider if we are looking for a pointguard. We need at least 1 more lottery pick, in particular one that can be the face of the Hawks. Paul or Felton can certainly be that. People would come out to see ChrisPaul,Josh Childress and Josh Smith run and gun down the court.

One problem with Paul and Felton, and it's been a problem here for a while: NO DEFENSE. Jarrett Jack is the total package and yes I'm a little biased cause im a tech fan but this kid gets to the hole better than anyone and is so strong around the basket. He is also 10 times the defender the other 2 guys are. Last year he SHUT DOWN Chris Paul in the two regular season games they played.

Who led their team to the National Title game last year and scored 28 against Kansas? Jarrett Jack. He may not have the "flash" that Paul and Felton have but he gets the job done. I compare Jack more to Kidd, he's a helluva lot better than Ivey.

Jack still doesn't warrant a top 10pick. We will look at him if we get a lower first round pick from trading Walker. More than likely the Hawks will go big with their lottery pick and get Marty A. or Johan Petro then use the second 1strounder on someone like Jarrret Jack or Roko L. from Croatia.

I agree with your post. When Elder went down with injury in the tourney Jack picked up his game and looked to score more. He was incredible in the tourney.... a real prime time player. I think Jack is a very solid defender. What happened to Paul tonight? The DDs got destroyed tonight. I saw very little D from Paul as Dee Brown scored at will at times. The DDs also had problems executing any O. I think Paul has a long way to go to be the bonafide 1st overall pick in the draft.