• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Baron Davis signs extension with Hornets...

DJ_Money

Reading from nba.com

"The New Orleans Hornets announced on Tuesday that they have signed All-Star point guard Baron Davis to a multi-year contract extension. Davis averaged 18.1 points, 8.5 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 2.1 steals while playing in all 82 games last season. Per club policy, terms of the contract were not released."

The terms will get to the press eventually, they always do. I can't wait to see what he got, so we can get a better idea of what JT will likely get.

you know they maxed him. They've said ti before and so has he. however, another interesting signing is LaFrentz (previously reported, signed today I think) for 7 year 60 million.

I think that the later is fantastic and ought to show Lewis something...that to play where you want to play, where you can win, and with the people and organization you want to play with, sometimes you have to meet them "half way." Raef was rumoured to be nearing max status and might have been able to swing it somewhere. However he figured out where he wanted to be, helped management out some, and is now playing under his terms...just at a slightly less salary than he could have commanded, even from another team. He's not going to be poor by any means, and he's getting enough bills to show that he has the respect and appreciation of the organization without making them go bankrupt trying to keep him and handcuffing them later down the line...

Which brings me back to the JT comment...he is this team. He wants to be here and we want him here...but he hasn't shown that he's a max type player, though close. With the salary cap due to become a reality this year, I think it's resonable for JT to sign a deal similar to, if not slightly more, than LaFrentz's deal...something like seven years, 70 million or so

JT will NOT be getting Baron Davis money if he signs an extension. There are ZERO question marks about Davis' game. He is already an All Star and he is already established as an elite PG. While JT has played great and I think he is a very good PG, there are MANY out there who question whether he's a PG or a SG. The reality is that he doesn't have NEARLY as much value as Davis does right now. JT had better be looking to guys like Rashard Lewis and Mike Bibby to see what he's worth on the open market and realistically, he may have to settle for a little less than either of those guys gets. I can't imagine the Hawks will pay him MORE than either of those guys gets.