• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

analysis and needs for SOARING Hawks!!!!!!********

Hawksfreak

I think a player that we need is a Eric Dampier/Lamar Odom type player in that spot JT says we need. With Dickau here we can spread out our offense a little bit.

First Starting 5:

PG: Jason Terry

SG: Dermarr Johnson (need to get another SG)

SF:??????? with Ira gone will Toni start.

PF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim

C: Theo Ratliff

problems: SG and SF we need to get a SF quickly we need it good and fast a Wally Zerbiake would be great because Toni isn't ready for the starting role. DJ doesn't look like a calaber starter we need another SG.

second starting 5:

PG: Jason Terry

SG: Dermarr Johnson

SF:Shareef Abdur-Rahim

PF: Nazr Mohammed

this would mean that Toni Kukoc or Dan Dickau will be out 6th man. What are we going to do about this? We need another SF really bad. Toni can't start.

3rd starting 5:

PG: Dan Dickau

SG: Jason Terry

SF: Toni Kukoc

PF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim

by my standards we need to re-sign Ira Newble or we got nothing to show at SF. Unless we trade What are we going to do at SF?

rest of team:

Leon Smith (if staying)

Udonis Haslem (if signed)

Alan Henderson

Dion Glover

Emanual Davis

Kevin Willis (If signed)

needs: a SF and a spare SG. Sign Kevin Willis!!!!!!! Get 2 assistant coaches!!!!!! We need to SOAR!

Right now I am thinking this will be our roster:

PG:Jason Terry

SG:Dermarr Johnson

SF:Ira Newble(If he decides to stay for the league min)

PF:Reef

C:Theo Ratliff

Bench:

PG:Dan Dickau SG:Dion Glover SF:Toni Kukoc SF:CC PF:Henderson

C:Mohammad C:Kevin Willis

Cut Email.He is near worthless besides a couple of charges.

Hawksfreak keep this up and I will read all your post this is the fifth time you posted a mature article. Good Job.

I like the idea of moving Reef to SF if we start

Theo/Nazr/Reef/Slim/JT we suddenly have an oversized starting 5. Nazr could avg. 11PPG 10RPG thus making him more marketable for a M.Miller or Shane Battier. Theo can concentrate on Blocking because he has another big man to back him up. Reef would dominate any SF in the post. Slim overtakes any SG.

Toni has to go but where? Who wants him?

F the luxury tax we might have to trade or waive Toni, Hendu and CC we might not get the Cap room but at least we have 3 roster spots for some project type players.

The only trade possibility with Toni will be to an already playoff caliber team that needs what he brings to the table: solid bu minutes at sf and his lockerhouse presence/ championship mentality...no way a team like Cleaveland would want him in a trade...

• Premium Member

Actually BHD, I disagree.

We will not out physical anyone unless we do get Willis and move everyone down.

However, our advantage is Speed. JT/DJ/SAR can all fly for their respective positions. Even Theo to some extent is faster than most Cs. If we mess that up by putting Nazr in at PF, we have ruined a good thing.

Actually, I expect to see: DD, JT, DJ, SAR, Theo more than that team you mentioned simply due to the fact that we have more faster players who can shoot from outside on the floor. Something that Lon loves. I couldnt' stand to see Hanno near the 3 pt line... But that's your coach.

You know Lon is going to play small ball.Somethings you can

blame on injuries,but it's easy to tell Lon likes small ball.I'm

not really all that comfortable with Nazr at PF because he

is slow enough as it is.

What about keeping Nazr at the 5, playing Theo was the weakside defender at the 4, and SAR at the 3. While this lineup has NO outside perimeter presence, it's a big lineup...(esp. if you play DerMarr at the 2 and JT at the 1)