• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blade Trinity was WELL DONE.

Wretch

• Premium Member

For those expecting the usual flop from a sequel, think again. Dare I say that this was better than the original... I don't know if I can say that, because the initial rush I got from the original Blade was unlike anything I've ever watched in a film. But that's about the only thing that saves the original from being dethroned...if I'm not just being a little baised towards it.

Trinity is just a excellent action film. First off, let me just say that Wesley Snipes is Blade...nobody else can do it. Nobody else could have ever been Blade. He has completely become that character and he does it so convincingly. As if it were possible, he has taken being Blade to a new level. He's just awesome.

It must be said that the action in this movie could not have been done better. The NightStalkers kicked so much ass... I mean, I haven't seen ass kicked like that...since...

Well, damn it. Right off hand, I can't think of a single character (other than maybe, Bruce or Jet Li) or group of characters that kicked that much ass in a single film. They whooped more ass than Neo. They whooped more ass than Uma in Kill Bill. They just whooped ass and didn't take names or anything. *lol* Good ass kickin' all around and when you watch the movie you'll see.

The Nightstalkers do not mess around.

But the best part of the movie... It was funny. I'm not going to go into it, but watch it and you'll see. You will laugh out lout. PLENTY of times. It was a great ride. I'll have to see it again. Story was VERY good, but a little flat at the end for my tastes. If you like action movies and don't really give a crap about that as much...you'll love Trinity.

• Premium Member

He is a HUGE reason to go see this movie. Reynolds was PERFECT. He and Beil (as Whistler's daughter) each brought an invaluable element to the series, but dare I say that no one else (besides Snipes) brought more to the film than Reynolds and his character...? Although I believe that Snipes could have carried it by himself, this movie would NOT have been the same without Reynolds as Hannibal King. He brought an incredible flair to the movie and was the perfect counterpart to Blade's often grim persona.

Which brings up another good point. The supporting cast in this movie was simply brilliant. Even Triple H manages to impress (although, there was no getting around showing off his wrestling "talent").

In a nutshell, Blade Trinity is EVERYTHING that a sequel to series should be: darker, more ass kicking (lots more!), and it's just downright HILARIOUS at times.

Dracula's character is a bit weak at times and, like I said earlier, the movie end a little too flat for my taste...but Blade Trinty is VERY VERY VERY good.

It sounded to me like you werent aware that this was actually the 3rd Blade movie, is that the case? If you, so you definitely need to go rent the 2nd one because it was really good.

I saw the movie yesterday and I was pretty happy with it. It seemed like they tried to cram too much movie into the 2 hours and because of that the storyline was just way too rushed, unlike the 1st two movies. The guy who played Dracula is the guy from that short lived TV Series John Doe....I thought he did a pretty good job with his part. Snipes was excellent as usual. Jessica Biel was incredibly hot as usual. Ryan Reynolds was as hilarious as ever and he definitely added something to the movie.

Overall the movie was decent.....but it didnt seem to end right to me. It just seemed like the whole thing was crammed together since with this much storyline they could have easily made 2 movies out of it.

Well thats my 2 cents. I was super excited by the movie and felt a little letdown.....but it was still worth watching.

• Premium Member

It delivered well, but it wasn't NEARLY as good as the original. Good story, not great; and it didn't really pick up until the end. I was actually disappointed up until Nomak went buckwild - highlighted by that Elbow he dropped on Blade. Even that didn't sit right with me, because I felt there was no real need for Blade and Nomak to fight at that point. Discounting the obvious buildup of a fight between the two, it just seemed kind of a pointless scuffle and even a bit anticlimactic.

The action of the 2nd film was great, as was to be expected; but a little overshadowed by CG IMO. Trinity's fight scenes were cleaner. All three films have featured great fighting scenes, but what set Trinity part was it's humor.