• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dolfan23's BIG non-Theo 3-way trade of the day

Admin

• Premium Member

I'm not KB, But I can help you out on something:

In reply to:

As for Memphis dealing Battier, I agree with you 100% there. I don't see it happening. Why would they? Battier DOES bring a lot of intangibles to the table (leadership, physical play, work ethic, good citizen, etc) and he is locked down at a reasonable salary for 4 more years.

It's really simple. NOW, Memphis has a GM who has a plan. Before they were like us and they were just doing the best they could with what was given. NOW however, West is a basketball mind and he will do basketball things.

First off, why would they move Battier? Well, they won't move him for anything but West sees the value in Battier. West is smart enough to know that Battier will not play 2 in this league. He also knows that right now, he's in position to get both Dunleavy's on his ship...He will happily take that. The Sr. because the Senior is a very good motivator. The Jr. because the Jr. has a lot of basketball skills and is smart. So when that happens, West has:

Lo, Gasol, Dunleavy Jr, Dickerson, and J-Will.

Now say what you want to about West, but West has already scoped out his SG. It's either going to be Eddie or Kobe. Would the Lakers give up Kobe... Probably not, but watch down the road. Until then, Dickerson and Swift can be traded for Jones.

The last thing West knows is that Lo is not the best C for that team. Lo Scores and rebounds.... He needs somebody to come in and be a defensive stopper. That's why I have no doubts that he would send us Battier/Lo for Theo/1st. It gives him a team that can compete. Again, he's not just trading Shane for anything, but for the final piece in his puzzle. LOOK what I propose is left:

Theo/Gasol/Dunleavy Jr/Jones/and Jwill.

That's a team that can play with anybody AND as the years go on, they will get much better.

If they trade Battier and Lo to us and use their top pick on Dunleavy, what ammo will they have to acquire Jones? I cant see Riles wanting Dickerson or Swift because neither are his type of player. I could definitely seem him wanting Battier or Lo though. So what do you think they would use to trade for Jones?

Guest Walter

"Battier is the better all-around player"? I'm not sure what that means in this context. He is certainly not the impact player that Gasol is and will become. Battier is good across the board but so is Gasol (His defense is VERY good...#6 in NBA in blocks as a rookie) and Gasol can in the future dominate at his position wheras Battier can't.

He shot 9% better than Battier from the field! That's a Lucious Harris Final's shooting percentage difference! Battier the better shooter? NOT relative to position. I love Battier but in 3 fewer MPG Gasol as a 20 year old, considered very raw foreigner had better numbers overall than the 22 year old poster child for the finished product 4 year college player, Shane Battier.

Not now and CERTAINLY not in the future.

As far as Jeffries...He's a tweener (meaning he should be a better ballhandler and shooter, though not relative to position). He is not a better defender than Gasol. NO WAY!

And he has 1/1000000000000000th the aggressiveness that Gasol has.

W

W

W

I've heard even from Memphis fans Pau is not that great of a

defensive player.Sure you can look at his blocks,but they

trailed off in the 2nd half and JT also ranked top 10 in steals

but he's not that good of a defensive player either.

That guy will NEVER be able to play PG or Center in the NBA and I seriously doubt he can play SG. He is WAY to slow to play PG (or SG for that matter) and MUCH too weak to play Center. Can you see him trying to guard JT, Baron Davis, Steve Nash or any decent PG on the perimeter? Please! The guy can't be much faster than Hanno based on his time in the sprint at the combine. The only guys I saw who ran slower were two big old 7 footers (Curtis Borchardt and Jason Jennings). In addition, if the guy can only bench press 185 lbs 9 times, what is he going to do with NBA centers (or PFs for that matter)? Nazr would probably destroy him in the low post, what could he possibly do with Reef or Theo? My money would DEFINITELY be on Hendu in the low post with him as well. I think Jefferies has a chance to be a good forward (SF or PF) in the NBA if he works on his strength but I just can't see him being the 3rd best player in this draft and I CERTAINLY don't see him being a better NBA player than Jason Williams or Yao Ming.