• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why sign Lue and not Brevin Knight?

Blunt91

I know some of you are tired of us bringing up Brevin Knight but I don't understand why Billy Knight didn't try to sign him? I first thought that maybe it was because he is only 5'10 but then he makes a trade for Tyronn Lue. Brevin would bring more to the team than Kenny Anderson or Lue. Last Month Brevin was 2nd in the league in assits. I don't think Billy Knight is dumb enough to pass on players because Management doesn't want guys from the Babcock era. That is just plain dumb if that person can help the team. Billy just seems to have dropped the ball on signing players that would have helped the team and would have came for cheap that being Brevin Knight and Joel Pryzbilla. BTW how many former Hawks are playing in the NBA currently? There seems to be former Hawks scattered all around the league.

we make a trade and now...

Billy Knight is 'dumb' not to have traded for every other player in the league that ppl like...

if Brevin Knight is second in the league in assists, then why do the Bobcats want to trade him for a non-PG then?

it takes 2 to make a trade...seems like ppl are forgetting this sometimes

its like this on every msg board about the hawks ive been to

i think the fact of the matter is...not every team is interested in Jon Barry, even though he can be quite effective on the right team

just something to think about smile.gif

I'm guessing and hoping your referring to this past offseason when talking about why BK didn't sign Brevin Knight???

Because like f town said before it takes two to make a trade. One, Charlotte doesn't need JB. And two, no way they'd give up Brevin Knight for JB. Like you said he's 2nd in the league in assists.

• Premium Member

I think he was referring to the fact that BK was a FA this offseason and we passed him up.

It is a valid point considering that this summer, we had all these SFs/PFs and no PG after the trade of JT.

Then again, I don't know if it has ever been that BK wanted a "Short" PG... and Lue might just be the only PG available?

yea i misread that

i just keep seeing so many 'why didnt BK get Kobe+Lamar Odom + 3 1sts for Jon Barry' posts hehe

i think part of the reason they didnt sign him here is cause he didnt play too well as a Hawk before...

he could run some plays, but he turned it over at a high rate...also, he often got schooled by larger guards

maybe he is better now smile.gif