• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm not wathcing, but Whoo Hoo!

Inside_Man

I dont see why not, the ONLY thing holding him back is experience and a lack of a deadly jumper. His jumper is getting better and he is gaining experience and I expect him to continue to get better. When you look at the rookie seasons of Bryant, McGrady, etc., Josh Smith compares extremely favorably offensively and its not enough close defensively when you look at how good he is. He is averaging 3 blocks per game as a starter, which is just unheard of for a guard/forward like him. I am not saying that he will be as good as them this year, but give him 2-3 years and he can be as good as anyone.

"you mean you think he can be good as Garnett, Braynt, Duncan,Mcgrady?"

- yes, if he works on his game. if he has the right attitude to go w/ an excellent work ethic- i dont see WHY NOT?

i cant name another recent HAWK ROOKIE who brought in this much excitement/highlights in his first year...

he may be the best hawk DRAFTED within the past 10 years...

• Premium Member

Problem #1) Babcock traded away the HIGH draft picks.

So even if he could be so lucky as to take the best player available high in the lottery and stumble upon an Amare Stoudmire or Dwayne Wade...he would never get the chance for dealing away the rights to the best talent in the draft.

Problem #2) Babcock believed in piecing together half-assed teams

They would be just enough to get to to the playoffs...MAYBE to the 2nd round, but never any further. Which results in a draft pick in the late teens/early 20's. Some may say that you can still get good talent there, just look at Josh Smith but herein lies two of Babcock's lesser flaws.

Problem #3a) Babcock hired little to no help in scouting/evaluating talent.

So he was unable to unearth hiddent talent the way some GMs do.

Problem #3b) Babcock would find the right way to draft the wrong guy.

If Babcock had been here last season, he would not have taken the obvious choice Josh Smith at 17 - he would have taken the stiffest guy on the board. This is assuming he would have even HAD a #17 draft pick or even a #6...because he would have likely packaged our pick, along with somebody, maybe Robinson or Hendu or something for...I dunno...Jalen Rose.

Which would have meant that we would be well on our way to season 14 of mediocrity.