• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Lets tank the season and go for LaBron James!

I chose #4, only because I've never heard of LaBron James. There's this LeBron James kid that is supposed to be pretty good...(Ok, I'm sorry for being a smartass. smile.gif

Anyway, I think tanking for the sake of being in the running for James would be stupid. The lottery never falls the way you think, for one.

Second, tanking a season is just flat pathetic. Babcock, Kasten, JT, 'Reef, and everyone associated with the Hawks (including the fans) would be the laughingstock of the league for years to come.

I think next year's draft will be especially weak, anyway. If we end up with our pick plus the Indiana pick, I would try to unload them. The only player that I can really say I like is T.J Ford, the 5'11" PG from Texas. Not a great fit for us, but I think he's the "Pure PG" that everyone wants. Something tells me NY will still be looking for a PG by then...

James is good, but he's not that good. He's not going to be equal or superior to Jordan. He can be right there with Kobe, but that still might not be good enough for all the hype.

Second, tanking a season is just flat pathetic. Babcock,

Kasten, JT, 'Reef, and everyone associated with the Hawks

(including the fans) would be the laughingstock of the league

for years to come."

We already are considered that by alot of people.Can't get

any worse.

theres more ways to get better as a team than just drafting.

Lakers didnt draft their 2 best players- BRYANT and ONEAL.

Atlanta is one of the best cities in the US, i know with a little more respect we can attract more Free Agents.

If Cavs do have the worse record and do not end up with the #1 pick, they will be MAD.

I agree completely, but they did pretty much trade Bryant (traded Vlade to the Hornets for him.their pick).

In this day and age of people leaving school early and being drafted on "potential," trading is by far the best way to improve a team. No question about it. So few rooks have the skills/maturity to make an immediate impact - it's rediculous.