• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did we hire the wrong coach???

Wurider05

I have seen all of the hawks games this season and I have seen a couple in person at Philips. I am starting to question whether or not Woodson was the best we could do for this franchise. BK spent the latter part of last season talking about how this was going to be a Sacrmento/Dallas type of team then he goes out and hire a defensive minded coach and gets a bunch of guys who play multiple positions. What the hell is the plan here? Getting rid of Walker would make tradingfor him for JT a stupid move. I can't be the only guy on here he feels that just maybe we should have kept JT. We don't have a defensive minded club nor players. I think that he is hurting our young guys by yanking them every time they make a mistake but letting the vets stay in the game whether or not they are screwing up. Woodson is just riding the back of Antoine Walker and that is hurting this team. His game is causing us not to run plays for other guys. J-chill seems to get all of his points off if garbage baskets. The organization needs to decide just what the hell they are trying to do. We need established players not Chris Pauls or other unproven college players who may or may not be busts. We should have hired Del Harris.

If there is one thing in this whole mess that is crystal clear to me, it is that JT had to go. No team can make up for a PG who does not know how to run a team

As for Woodson, I think that he will prove his worth in due time. I think that right now he is having to use all his efforts teaching our young players fundamentals rather than drawing up Xs and Os. The only thing I haven't liked so far is his substitution patterns, but this is fairly typical of a first year coach. Especially one with so little talent on his team.

• Admin

that is going to make this group of players into a winning team. After giving some of the players time to mature and develop, maybe. But as they are right now, no way. Phil, pat, either of the Reds, nuh uh... You could combine them and it still would not matter.

The time to judge woodson will be when the Josh's have shown they can be consistant, night in and night out, AND when we have a point guard that can contribute in all the ways that a quality PG is supposed to (points, assists, defense and leadership) and do it consistantly.

Once we see those things, THEN we can judge him. Until then, he's the captain of a ship with one and a half sails trying to win a speed race.

im not sure if they hired the wrong coach, i mean Woodson has one of the worst bunches of players in the league, no center, no point guard...you know its going to be hard to win with that, josh smith is playing 2 guard...thats not his position, Harrington is playing 3 and walker the 4, that should be switched, walker is better on the outside and Al is better on the inside, so wait now that i think about it...mike woodson is a retard

I think Woodson has integrated our rookies without busting their confidence. He's given up on Diaw for now but if we dont move him it may make him play harder if he gets back in. We have found a backup point and both Josh's look promising. We'll get a better pick for Walker than we would have for JT and we'll get Kwame or Chandler for Harrington. The pieces will fit better as time passes, then we'll see how Woodson does.