• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrington Trade

edmunds77

Been reading the posts on this board for awhile and have posted in the past. Since the current discussions tend to move towards trading either Walker or Harrington, thought I would throw my thoughts to the mix.

Atl: Trades Al Harrington and 2nd 2005 pick

to

NYKnicks: Trades Kurt Thomas and 2005 1st.

Atlanta in 2005 draft, selects C/PF Andrew Bogut and

PG Raymond Felton and (San Antonio pick 2nd round pick?) select Jason Maxiel, PF Cincinnati

Free Agency sign Stromile Swift

2006 Roster:

PG Raymond Felton, Tyronne Lue, Royal Ivey

SG Josh Childress, Boris Diaw

SF Josh Smith, Donta Smith, Josh Childress

PF Antoine Walker, Stromile Swift

C Andrew Bogut, Pedrag Drobjnak

Don't know the particulars of salaries for the trade, maybe you guys can help out.

i would do that trade, but id trade Walker instead of Harrington, and i have read plenty of times in the past that the Knicks want walker, and walker wants to play for the knicks as well so i think the Knicks might do that deal...

i think the Knicks could end up with a top 10 pick so the Hawks could possibly draft Bogut and Gerald Green...if that happened i would be ecstatic

Quote:

i would do that trade, but id trade Walker instead of Harrington, and i have read plenty of times in the past that the Knicks want walker, and walker wants to play for the knicks as well so i think the Knicks might do that deal...

I think you misunderstood. Walker has said basically that he wouldn't MIND going to the Knicks and playing at the "Mecca of Basketball"(MSG)...Doesn't mean that he won't stay with the Hawks if they offer him good $$$....

Knicks can only afford to give him the MLE....Hawks could give him almost twice that amount...PLUS he'd be taking part in the first TRUE REBUILDING of this team in awhile. Also, he doesn't seem to have those infamous "hecklers" at Philips arena that he did in Boston. If he goes to NY, there will be plenty of those clowns....

• Premium Member

Harrington/2nd to NY.

Thomas to Dallas

Harris/Armstrong/1st NY to Atlanta.

Now, let's discuss the whys....

why NY?

NY is in the business of gathering talent. They would take Harrington because they are capped out and they need a big man who is mobile.

Why Dallas?

Kurt Thomas loves Dallas and Dallas loves Thomas. The problem has been that in years previous, NY and Dallas couldn't agree. Now, Dallas and NY has nothing to agree about because Dallas has only PGs and Finley... And NY needs a Big man..

Why Armstrong?

He makes the deal work, however, we would just as easily release him so that he can go back to Dallas and we pay for the season. ala Utah...

So overall, the deal is Harrington for Harris/1st.

Why?

Harris is a big guard with skill. I thought he would be JT like but he's better. Dallas seems very happy with JT and for a chance to strengthen their frontcourt even farther, I think they'd jump on it. Love Dirk or no, he's more profitable as a Sf than a PF. Thomas can split time with Howard so that Dirk can do that.

We also get the first.

Let's look at our draft..

I'll go with the crowd... Bogut... I mean with Harris, C becomes our main concern. I'm not sold on him but having him is better than nothing.

With NY's first (and really if we get Harris, we don't have to swap picks with NY)... I'd pick

either Gerald Green or Dijon Thompson.

2nd round... either BJ Elder or Luther Head.

Can you see the draft for need...

I would also go after Swift/Walker as Free agents.

What that leaves...

Bogut/Drobs

Walker/Swift/Smoove

Childress/D. Smith

Green/Elder/Diaw

Harris/Ivey

I can hear you freaking... I'm taking time developing Smoove.. he will play more than any 9th man...

He may even start at Sf with Chillz at SG if Chillz gets to the point where we can trust his shooting...

I know Isiah likes Al, but to give up a likely top 7 pick (if the draft were today) and a productive player like Kurt Thomas (even if he is 32) for Al is too much. That being said, I'd do it if Isiah would though and I'd be more than happy with taking Bogut and Felton as you suggest.

If we were able to do such a deal, I don't think I would resign Walker AND go after Swift though. I think I would take the money for one of those guys and go after a top flight SG like Michael Redd. I'd LOVE a lineup of:

Bogut/Drobnjak/Collier

Walker(or Swift)/Thomas

J. Smith/D. Smith/Diaw

Redd/Childress

Felton/Ivey