• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man that was SICK.......I am hoarse from screaming

Admin

• Moderators

I hear what you're saying but the thing you have to notice about this is more than the spectacular dunks. Its the preparation, showmanship, and performance. This kid was in high school last year! He was picked by most to win it so he had a bunch of pressure going in. His dunks were by far the best and he nailed every single one. Not a miss on 4 straight difficult dunks. That's clutch.

My only complaint with Smoove is sometimes his body language makes him look like he's loafing. Like in the rookie game it looked like he was just in pre-game warmups. But there again its just the rookie game.

• Moderators

Quote:

player.

I love Josh and see in the future he could be a great blocker and rebounder but just because he won the All Star dunk contest doesn't make him a real NBA player.

That is the problem with the NBA these days. If you can show off a dunk you become a star. Who cares if you have next to no talent to back it up. (Not saying josh isn't talented because he is but I am saying that his talent is there because he tries hard not because he can dunk.

This is true but here is the good news:

In interviews over the All-Star weekend, Smoove said he wanted to be an impact defensive player like Kirilenko. That is good stuff!

Agree. It was a great showing, but I think all the dunks

have been done before. And by playoff time I think alot

of the dunk contest will be forgot. I hear he wants to

be like Kirlenko... His defensive awareness has along

way to go. I think Smith will have a good career, but

he kind of loafs sometimes so it makes me wonder if he

can be a real star. I guess we will see.