• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boozer to the Lakers

Bulldog

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3410834

Fox Sports Net's Jack Haley is reporting the Lakers will trade Vlade Divac, Caron Butler and Devean George to the Utah Jazz in exchange for big man Carlos Boozer, pending league approval.

Another report Sunday said Odom had been offered to the Kings for All-Star forward Peja Stojakovic, but that this was rejected by Sacramento.

I do not see this as a great move for Utah unless they have decided that they badly overpaid for Boozer and want to get out of the contract fast. Butler is the only Laker of the 3 with any real value and even he is not on Boozer's level. This could be good for LA however with a big front line of Boozer, Mihm and Odom at small forward.

Does anyone else think that Boozer is just today's equivolent of Horace Grant?

Meaning, when he's with other marquee players, and isn't the focal point, he's capable of putting up all-star caliber numbers. However, take those all-stars away and he's nothing more than another slightly-above-mediocre NBA player. While Kirelenko is a VERY good player (all-star when healthy), he doesn't carry enough of the scoring load.

I think getting trade to LA (and playing with Kobe) would be great for Boozer. The only thing better would have been staying with Cleveland...

i see Boozer as an ABOVE-AVERAGE STARTER in this league.

a player who may end up going to the allstar game once or twice in his career (well, maybe ZERO if he decides to stay in the WEST where he has to compete with Garnett + Duncan, and guys like Nowitski as a backup).

I think hes very similar to KENYON MARTIN.