• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is everyone trashing Harrington????

emeans

Why everytime we have a talented player we want to get rid of him and later end up regretting it. Same thing happened with Steve Smith. Same thing happened with Mookie. When will you people learn that we need to keep our best talent. Don't give it away. When Smooth gets really good I bet people will be on this forum talking about it's time to trade him.

Listen we traded Walker because of his situation (FA and money) not his talent. Harrington is not in that situation. We have a talented Forward very cheap and young. Harrington, Chillz, and Smooth should be the core to build around. These three are still learning how to play the game and people want to get rid of Harrington.

Stop with that talk. Harrington is here to stay!! We need to be talking about who we are going to bring in around these 3 guys.

We need to draft Bogut with our 1st pick and draft Jack/Gilchrist/Louis Williams with that 2nd pick in the 1st round. We then need to sign 1 or 2 solid young big veterans to complete a talented young squad.

Charles Barkley said tonight that this was a very good trade for Atlanta and that Atlanta will be scary in 2 to 3 years.......I totaly agree with him.

We are doing it the right way. Stop with the Harrington trade talk. He is still learning the game too!!

• Premium Member

It's not trashing Harrington...

I recognize that he has value.

I just think that Chillz/Smoove are our starters at 3/4. That leaves Bench for Harrington. That's a dangerous thing coming into his contract year?

I think if it's possible to move Harrington for a SG like Hughes or JJohnson or somebody that can fill one of our needs, I say do it.

Same thing happened with Mookie."

It's good that Mookie was moved out.

'Steve Smith"

could have kept him one more year.

"Harrington, Chillz, and Smooth should be the core to build around. These three are still learning how to play the game and people want to get rid of Harrington."

Because Harrington has no jumpshot, turns the ball over,

hogs the ball and can't hit ft's to save his life. Even

if you keep him.... You can't expect to build around

him. You can argue that he is good enough to keep due to

his not so huge contract, but you aren't going anywhere

with him as your first or second option.

"Charles Barkley said tonight that this was a very good trade for Atlanta and that Atlanta will be scary in 2 to 3 years.......I totaly agree with him."

3 to 5 years at the earliest. I'm not trying to sound

negitive. There is just along way to go... PG's/C's

and probably a new coach in the future. Might aswell

settle on that this will take several years.

• Premium Member

Because when you have a uFA that is your FA you have a great advantage in resigning. That Advantage is that you can offer 7 yrs at 12.5% annual raise instead of 6 yrs 10% annual raise.

Now, I misspoke when I said Redd because Milwaukee has moved Van Horn and will be able to use said advantage to resign him, but other guys would be intriguing for us.

Okay, maybe I was trashing him but without any animosity. I just don't see his talent to fit in at the 4 or 3. That's not to say he won't develop more. But Smoove you can definitely say he has the athletic ability to play the 3 (with a better outside shot that can be learned) or the 4 (with more strength and bulk with can be added).

I ask (honestly without sarcasm)what starting role do people see him fulfilling and what talent of his will allow him to do this?

Also, I don't think I was one of the people calling for Al to be traded. But I would for the right deal.

• Premium Member

I was a guy calling for Al to be traded for several reasons...

1 becuase he's a FA at the end of next season and if he has alimited role next season he will want to leave.

2. Because he is a tweener who does not have a skill set that is better than either Chillz or Smoove potential.

3. Because he has value... Enough value to get us something good in return.

Nobody was saying trade him for a pack of soda crackers and a coke, But I was saying that we should look to get something to help fill our needs.

i registered just to shove this into u, it is SMOOVE, repeat after me SMOOOOOOOOVE, not smooth. He's very smooth but it's smoove. Harrington is bad b/c he cannot dribble at all. Most effective forwards are effective b/c they can create off the dribble w/ their size and handling skills. Harrington at 6 years and still cannot develope any consistent lowpost moves. Just watch, he will not be able to score as much w/o AW aiding him. Walker is one of the best at the 2man game.

I agree w/ what u said bout the draft.

welcome me onboard -_-

I mean I would trade him for right deal too, anyone can be traded for the right deal....but, I am not looking to trade him because Harrington still has some upside and he is talented. I think it is way way too early to give up Harrington.

Like I said earlier lets give Harrington more time before we start saying get rid of him. It is too early!!

Hotlanta I feel you on a lot of your sentiments and I have no problem with being negative if something is negative. I believe in being real about things, but it is way too early to give up on Harrington and Harrington does have a nice little mid range jumper.

I almost look at Harrington as one of the rookies because in a scense he is and he has a lot to learn, but when he does I think he will be very good.

Lets face it "This is a Young Team" that will make individual mistakes.

I think people feel that Harrington is some sort of veteran. This guy is starting for the 1st time in his career and he came right out of high school.

I believe in being real about things, but it is way too early to give up on Harrington and Harrington does have a nice little mid range jumper."

it just isn't consistant.

" This guy is starting for the 1st time in his career and he came right out of high school."

I just feel that when you play 30MPG you should know what

starting is like since it's starting lineup type of mins.

• Moderators

We should be patient with Harrington and give him a chance at the PF spot without Walker. We'll have a much better idea of where he is at a player after the next few weeks. He is plenty young enough to be a building block for this team but hasn't shown enough yet that you can carve his name in stone in the lineup for the next 4 years.