• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: A tribute to Jaywalker

hawkster411

He shows up and breaks every trade the Hawks make and gives it to us before it hits the wires.

Both of them are terrific!

It's great to have insiders!!!!!!!

I think that everyone here does a terrific job "covering" the Hawks, and goes to show that these national guys could get a little closer to the truth if they hung around boards like these to get the true vibe of what's going on.

We are all locked in to what's going on with the Hawks, and I am extremely fortunate to have a public forum to express my views.

Thanks again for all the support guys...I am extremely flattered by the overwhelming encouragement...It is appreciated...

A couple of things on this front.

1. The Atlanta Hawks, and their terrific Director of Media Relations, Arthur Triche, have seen fit to award me a press credential for this season.

This means more quotes, more questions, more interviews.

I am so appreciative of the Hawks for affording me this priviledge, and I plan to use it well.

2. Mr. Triche has also seen fit to give me the honor of writing a "Where Are They Now" type piece for Hawks.com.

In these pieces, I will be (with the help of Triche and others) tracking down some former Hawks to see what they are doing, and help build a true Hawks family/community feel.

These players deserve to be kept up with and made feel like Hawks family.

Now, players covered in the "Where are they now" segment will fall into roughly three categories:

A. Legends

B. Special Players in Hawks History

C. Notorious Hawks

The Legends category speaks for itself: 'Nique, Pettit, Hudson, etc.

Special players would include: Spud Webb, Jon Battle, Dan Roundfield, etc.

Notorious Hawks would include: Douglas Edwards, Jon Koncak, Ken Norman, etc.

This is an exciting endevour for me as a Hawks fan, and I would want to get interviews with guys that, not only satisfies me, but all Hawks fans as well.

I am looking for suggestions in all three categories....Which players do you want to catch up with?

Pretty soon, there may be a spot in the Hawks media relations department for you. I don't know if the AJC will get wise and hire you as the Hawks beat writer, but the Hawks may have something for you in the future.

Of course, if you took a job with the Hawks, then you would probably have to lose all your objectivity, which wouldn't be good, IMO.

I think you should start your own Hawks publication. I'll be glad to invest in the endeavor, and when I become a doctor, I'll be able to invest more.

Your hard work has really paid off big time! You definitely deserve this as you have covered what's really going on within the Hawks' organization FAR better than anyone over at the AJC and that includes Denberg (who does a pretty good job). Good stuff!