• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will BK go for the PG or Center or Best Player

BlackHawkDown

We will have no worse than the #4 pick. We can go after Bogut the pansy confused.giftongue.gifconfused.gif, Chris Paul smile.gif, move down and Take Jarrett Jack laugh.giflaugh.gif or another Highschooler laugh.giflaugh.gif. What do you all think we should do?

Go to School, get a job, get your [censored] together, and become a productive member of society, or Cosby is comin' to get your Black ass!!!!!

cosbybrutality.jpg

that sig's pretty funny....

anyway, paul said he will stay so i'm going to going to go with that as what will really happen..that leaves bogut or williams...i think we get bogut because of two reasons: 1) if we don't get the top pick, whoever is above us will pick m.williams first, especially if its the bobcats who have emeka at center.2) williams looks to be a forward and we have 35 of those.....could be a bowie over jordan situation but i really don't think it'd turn out like that. james is the next jordan, not m.williams.

now with that said, i think m.williams is more of a BK type player honestly. I just think he'll have to give in to the fact that our center and point situation is pathetic and try to cover both in the draft or at least cover one...and felton, jack, or gilchrist isn't top lotto material. the only thing that makes me second guess is the number of young centers in free agency coming up...

logic tells me that if Paul changes his mind and goes in the draft, BK drafts him since he has these many options for center in free agency.

Please explain to me why you think Bogut is a pansy???

I doubt you have seen enough of him to make that statement. He had 21 and 17 in todays game. How does that make him a pansy?? In the game I saw him play against BYU, he took the ball straight down the middle of the lane, and thundered in a dunk over the BYU C and PF. He also did an excellent shot blocking shots. He looked nothing like a pansy to me. Paul is NO sure thing at all. He was dominated in games with big strong PGs like Jack (twice), Deron Williams, and Salim Stoudamire. I just don't know if he'll be able to excel in the NBA when he has to face PGs like that every night. His quickness will not be such an advantage at the next level. But we'll see what happens, I'll be happy as long as the Hawks get the best player available for the long run.

Quote:

In the game I saw him play against BYU, he took the ball straight down the middle of the lane, and thundered in a dunk over the BYU C and PF.

confused.gif

LMBAO! You answer your own question. He puts up Big numbers against the sorriest teams in the NCAA and for that he gets you all to ride his nut sack.

Remember Dennis Rodman never put up double figures in scoring but in college against scrubs he was scoring 25 - 30 every night. LOL! When Bogut does his BS against Duke, GT, Florida or WakeForrest then I will stop calling him a pansy.

Oh and I saw him play he isnt very atheletic. He reminds me of Vlade, flopping all over the place. confused.gif With a little bit of Jon Konkak overatedness in the mix. tongue.gif

It's not his fault he's playing against weak competition. He did put up some good numbers on Duncan in the Olympics. I can't wait for the tourney to start so we can see what he's got against real competition. I'd love to see a Utah vs. Uconn game. That should give everyone an idea of what kind of game Bogut actually has.

Hey guys!

Have been reading these posts for ages and finally thought i would join in! I am from boguts neck of the woods....australia (i must be the only hawks fan in the whole of australia!!!!!) I know some of you guys arent fans of bogut and some of you guys are...but seriously I dont think its fair to knock him just yet...all he can do is put up good numbers against ordinary competition...i just hope he puts up good numbers against stronger competitions so we do have the opportunity of drafting him if he is the standout No. 1 pick! (presuming williams and paul dont come out I think he would be), as i honestly cant see us getting Dalembert, curry or browne unless we overpay crazy style! Also i want us to get bogut so that we will finally get to see more hawks games on cable over here in australia!

PS like the Bill Cosby smackdown line as well!

If Chris Paul is smart he will come out this year. Greg Ogden or the Big Asian kid will go #1next year so it is in Paul's best interest to come out this year. I think Marvin Williams needs another year of college. He has potential but I still think his skills are Raw and he isn't as polished offensively as a Chris Paul. As far as Bogut is concerened he is in the #1spot and as a long as he can put up the same numbers against better competition in the tournament he will be a lock to be drafted number 1. Next season our Center rotation could go: 1.Samual Dalembert

2.Andrew Bogut

3.Obinna Ekezie

I think we could honestly have that lineup at center next season.

Bogut to me has to have known Utah was a worthless school in the least diverse state in the Union, in a pitiful conference, in the middle of nowhere. Why would he knowingly leave Auastralia and come here to play against mediocre competion if he is sooooo good. I think he knew exactly what he was doing, He came to a sorry yet recognizable conference to beat up on a bunch of second tier players.

Bogut might be the next Kareem Abdul Jabbar, but he has to prove it, because he hasnt done anything John Salley couldnt do now. I bet Nazr Muhammed could easily put up those numbers against that conference, in fact he could be a 20/20 guy in that conference now. So how is Bogut bet than Nazr. tongue.gif

don't put Florida in that line of teams to play against when talking about being physical. they are a soft team and have been for a good 4 years now. Billy Donovan keeps recruiting these wing players instead of glass-pounders. Udonis was the only one you've had in awhile.

Anyway, man you sure are dissing Bogut hardcore. So what are you going to say when he is big in the tournament? What happens if he dominates in the first round but they lose?

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about what you though BK was going to do, not the Bogut love/hate thread.

• Premium Member

I don't agree with BHD's bashing of Bogut's choice of school because as I understand it, he was recruited heavily by Utah?

I also don't agree with your bashing of Fla because UF plays more competition in a week than Utah does all year.

The point I think that all needs to understand is that Bogut is not playing against high competition. I think the NCAA tourney will be a good place to start evaluating Bogut. I think maybe the Portsmouth Invitational might be a good follow up. I think that the Hawks invite 2 times might be the place where Bk makes up his mind.

By the same token, I don't understand the insults on Paul. Paul is the best PG in college basketball and this sentiment is shared by most scouts and GMs. Paul may be the best in a long time.

He's short. So what. Iverson is short.

He's a dominant player.

Just like Bogut, I think the Tourneys and the Camps will bear out the truth about Paul too.

Wow. You're ridiculous.

I certainly don't check my spelling and grammer [sic]. I learned those things in school so I don't have to.

You pretend that it's impossible for a person to actually know how to write logically and coherently without an MS Word grammar check.

Furthermore, if I had gone to West Georgia (which I didn't), there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that. Why should we make fun of a clearly educated individual because he went to an average institution. That's like making fun of a talented and hard-working individual because he doesn't make $10 million per year. Oh wait, you've done that, too. At any rate, I learned my grammar in grade school, not at Georgia Tech. We were expected to know it when we began.

By the way, "your" is a possessive term, as in "your hat and coat". "You're" is the term you're looking for, as it means "you are". Lesson two.