Would Golden State Give us Murphy in a trade?

Blunt91

I was thinking if we decided to trade down would Golden State do a trade where we give them our 1stpick for their 4th or 5thpick plus Troy Murphy? They could in turn draft Marvin Williams and we could in turn draft Gerald Green and still pick up a big man to grab some boardsin Murphy which is what this team desparately needs rebounding. They alreay have Foyle and Biedrins so they could spare losing one of their bigmens to add more athleticism to a jump shooting team.

I like Murphy's rebounding, but he has shot an abhorrent percentage for a PF each year he has been in the league. Given that stat (41% shooting, right?), I think we could acquire someone who is as good as he is or better without letting go of our #1 draft pick.

If we really want a tough PF, why not look to trade a future first rounder (the Celtics/Lakers pick) plus a 2nd (Spurs pick) to get back into the low first round and draft Wayne Simien? That's what the Magic did to get Nelson.

Simien would give us what Murphy would as far as rebounding goes, and he'd probably shoot for a higher percentage, too.