• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Felton's vs. Paul?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Who's the better PG?

I think they both bring something a little different to the table. Felton.... He brings fast breaking. Paul he makes those around him better PLUS, he's clutch.

I don't believe that there's any truth to what Chad Ford is saying... namelybecause BK is tight lipped and we know he likes LOng players... BUT I think these guys will be difference makers.

I'm not a fan of Chris Paul at all. He gets lighted up in college, what's going to happen when he is a pro? Neither are perfect, though. Felton can play out of control, but I think he's got more potential. Paul has crazy offense, though. It's close, I like Felton though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He is an amazing scorer, though.

Sure could have used him tonight.

Dude, We needed defense tonight. The Hawks shot 49% from the field with 25 assist and your assessment is that we needed more scoring? Not a head coach type are you?

Exactly Peoriabird.

The problem is CLEARLY INTERIOR DEFENCE OR LACK THEREOF. We need a banger at PF and a big physical presence at center.

In fact, if Chris Paul was in there the Raptors probably would have scored a lot more and we'd score a little more, he'd just take some of Diaw and Lue's points away and add some of his own but not enough to compensate for what he gave up.

Also opposing SGs are lighting us up, opponents are using pick and rolls making our defense switch so Smoove is on their best perimeter scorer....Smoove needs to learn how to defend those guys if he is playing on the perimeter..

Sorry.

I didn't know Tyronn Lue was an all-world defender.

In the clutch, Hawks had no go to guy. Harrington was obviously struggling to find his shot the whole game, but we had no one else to step up other than Delk. I KNOW you aren't trying to tell me we have enough offense. That's absurd. Al Harrington is our freakin' number one option.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sorry.

I didn't know Tyronn Lue was an all-world defender.

In the clutch, Hawks had no go to guy. Harrington was obviously struggling to find his shot the whole game, but we had no one else to step up other than Delk. I KNOW you aren't trying to tell me we have enough offense. That's absurd. Al Harrington is our freakin' number one option.

Dude, our starting center had 3 rebounds, back-up center had 3 rebounds! Chris Bosh had 32 points or 13-18 & 11 rebounds. What in the Heck are you looking at?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Did you watch the game? Al Harrington was guarding him and doing a pretty good job, Bosh just couldn't miss. You need scorers to SCORE points, not rebounders.

You must be from Dallas, Sacramento or Phoenix where defense doesn't matter but in the real world of NBA championship quality teams, it does. When you cannot stop somebody from driving the lane and shooting lay-ups, you will lose! Its not a coincidence that teams are shooting almost 50% from the field against the Hawks. Nor is it the offense fault that teams score over 100 points per game against the Hawks.

It because starting our center is a 6'9" 10 day contract player. Ekezie would have fouled out in the first half in he were to be allowed to play more that the 8 minutes that he played trying to guard Chris Bosh.

Somehow a lot of posters have convinced themselves that a rookie point would somehow make Ekezie/Collier/Drobniak a better center but it will not. They still will not be able to rebound, Block any shot or stop any other center in the league. Therefore as long as we have those guys as our centers, the Hawks will not win peoriod!

Quote:

Quote:

Did you watch the game? Al Harrington was guarding him and doing a pretty good job, Bosh just couldn't miss. You need scorers to SCORE points, not rebounders.

You must be from Dallas, Sacramento or Phoenix where defense doesn't matter but in the real world of NBA championship quality teams, it does. When you cannot stop somebody from driving the lane and shooting lay-ups, you will lose! Its not a coincidence that teams are shooting almost 50% from the field against the Hawks. Nor is it the offense fault that teams score over 100 points per game against the Hawks.

It because starting our center is a 6'9" 10 day contract player. Ekezie would have fouled out in the first half in he were to be allowed to play more that the 8 minutes that he played trying to guard Chris Bosh.

Somehow a lot of posters have convinced themselves that a rookie point would somehow make Ekezie/Collier/Drobniak a better center but it will not. They still will not be able to rebound, Block any shot or stop any other center in the league. Therefore as long as we have those guys as our centers, the Hawks will not win peoriod!

What is wrong with being like Dallas, Sacramento, or Phoenix? I would kill to have the success of those teams.

Your saying we needed more scoring? We scored 105 points! That means that we lost because of defense, we have zero and Bogut wouldn't help it either..

Back to the topic, I would take Felton over Paul 100%. Felton plays GREAT defense, is a little taller and stockier and won't get posted up or manhandled by bigger guards. He is also the best passer in the draft and would help our offensive flow tremendously. Plus he's the Don of running the fast break and with Smoove, Chill, Harrington, Donta, and possibly Swift or Daly that's what I want.. And contrary to what most people believe, he is actually a very good shooter this year..

Quote:

Quote:

What is wrong with being like Dallas, Sacramento, or Phoenix? I would kill to have the success of those teams.

They haven't won anything!

And we are the [censored] Hawks! You want to be a 11 win team for the rest of your life? I don't think so. Give me some 50 and 60 win seasons, and some entertaining b-ball.

• Premium Member

The question was simple. Who is better between Paul and Felton.

However, since you want to bring up our weakness...

Tell me what helps our interior defense more:

Bogut or a guy like Swift or Chandler?

Being that Both Swift and Chandler are available via FAcy... Maybe we should take the best player available... And go after these guys rather than Drafting for Need with tunnell vision?

Swift and Chandler aren't the same player....Bogut would be a better defender than Swift because he has higher defensive IQ , is bigger physically. Swift is just a poor man's Theo, a weak side shotblocker.

now Bogut vs Chandler defensively I would give the slight edge to Chandler because of his shot blocking ability in addition to his man to man defense, but Bogut is so much better offensively.

Personally, I would like to get a chance to have Bogut AND either of Dalembert/Swift/Brown/Chandler.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bogut would be a better defender than Swift because he has higher defensive IQ , is bigger physically.

Huh?? This is straight BS.

First off.... Better defender? When? When he was letting Taj Gray Have his way? When he was letting Channing Frye look like player of the year? Who has he shut down defensively?

Moreover, Bogut doesn't have the athletic ability. He hasn't shown good footwork. He doesn't have the shot blocking timing. In the pros, his defense will translate somewhere between Drobs and Vlade. And Bogut doesn't have a flop.