• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Green's immaturity scares me off

jjjohns3

He's not only Raw, but immature. Insider's scouting report is that the main reason he thinks about NBAover college is because he doesn't have the grades to get into college and is fairly immature. He doesn't put for the work ethic in college, and that almost surely translates to immaturity.

Look at Smoove (3.0 GPA at Oak Hill), Dwight Howard, Al Harrington (was about to commit to Ga.Tech before deciding on the NBA) and even Louis Williams. I'm not saying that you have to be a brain to succeed, but if you aren't even willing to do enough to get by, what does thatsay about you as a person. With anattitude assesment like this, it makesyou wonder if he is really serious, or if he's just some kid trying to live his childhood hoop dreams.

Everyone wants to draft him based on potential, but based on history,immature HSers jumping to the NBA has proven to be a big mistake for most and a leap that many weren't ready to take(Leon Smith)

~Peace

• Premium Member

I would be interested in reading that scouting report because what I have read on him was the exact opposite in terms of work ethic...

college hoops

Inside hoops

Quote:

n its post-summer rankings, Rivals recruiting service ranked him No. 1 in his class.

Rivals’ recruiting director Tim Watts said, “When we told him he was No. 1, he said he was in the gym hitting the weights and trying to put on 15 pounds. His work ethic is going to take him places.”

Morning workouts with Texas-bred and former NBA player and coach John Lucas Sr. certainly helped the growth this summer as well.

Before them, Green was still one of those on a deep list of senior talent in Texas that included the likes of his future OSU teammates Byron Eaton and Terrel Harris, his current teammate and UNLV commit Jovan Adams, and future UT Longhorns C.J. Miles and A.J. Abrams.

Now, Green is one of the top pro prospects in his class, in the company of South Kent (CT) Prep’s 6’11” Andray Blatche, South Gwinnett (GA) guard Louis Williams, Mount Zion (NC) swingman Brandon Rush and Julian Wright of Homewood-Flossmoor (IL).

“He is arguably the top pro prospect in this year’s class. Nobody considering the jump has a more complete game than he does right now,” Rivals’ Watts says.

I would be really interested to read what you read.

I'm not talking about work ethic in basketball, he's young and he's going to make alot of big mistakes if he's not mature enough to make the jump. There's no doubt about his basketball ability, but why would you want a guy who has all the talent but possibly an off court distraction. If he wants to make it on the next level he knows what he needs to do to be successful on the court, the big question is what he will be like off the court.

I believe it was an ESPN Insider,someone posted it here a couple weeks ago.

~Peace