• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

May/Felton/M. Williams all coming out...

Diesel

marvin is a top 5 pick...why not?

it may cost him 1.5 million total over waiting a year to come out higher, but he also gets one more year of getting paid in the NBA, so it's more money over the length of his career....plus it erases the chances of injury next season or drop in production that lowers his status or ends his career altogether

if i was even a sure 1st round pick, thus ensured of big bucks, i'd come out and then try to prove myself in the nba...

• Premium Member

I don't disagree about May. I just think if May wanted to go pro, this is the best time for him to do it. Next year, he probably won't get this good of a look.

I just don't know about Felton. I think he will drop out of the lottery.

Williams since we are still drafting for Potential will be a top 7 pick. I think Workouts more than anything else will tell where these guys will go.

Quote:

I just don't know about Felton. I think he will drop out of the lottery.

if u think he will drop out of the lottery, then why would we trade down?

why not just draft bogut and then move up or trade the lal pick for a 16-20 to get felton if he's dropping that much?

felton could easily be the best pg of this class

• Premium Member

Mainly because I don't think Felton is the guy for us.... I think a lot of teams will say that. Felton reminds me too much of Baron Davis. A good PG to have in a very uptempo offense. However, the teams that normally win are those teams that can play a good halfcourt game.

Felton could be a lot like Jameer last year, though he doesn't have the height issues (he also doesn't have quite the hype).

Marvin...no idea. why come out now? are you afraid to try and 'defend' the national championship without mccants, felton, and may? I don't get it. In the few times I've watched you, you've shown nothing to 'wow me' or make me think you're a future star in the making. I hate it when non-starters come out!

May~ ride that wave. there's little more you could do in college, your stock is at an all-time high, felton and mccants are already going. now is the time. just make sure you tell marvin not to hire an agent.

• Premium Member

I think Williams coming out is a bit premature, but somebody will take him high. I don't think it's going to get any better for Felton. So, I don't think it's a mistake on anyone's part.

Tell you what though...

I'd desperately try to move up into that early-mid teens area to nab May. His work down low was nothing short of incredible. The guy knows how to score...and it's not like he just showed up at tourney time. Dude has been scoring all year long. His height is knocking him down, but that's a mistake. He plays VERY big.

SUPER SLEEPER, but I gather his stock will go up during workouts and such.

first off im not a hawks fan, i hope you guys dont kick me off the board.

may has more potential than mike sweetney but I wouldnt pick him in the lottery

williams will be top 3, if i were picking i would go with him #1. he can play the 3/4 and he has talent. best comparison i see is tim thomas with heart/desire. if tim thomas had that he would be the best 3 in the game with his skills.

i rank felton over paul, williams. i like felton and jarett jack. the most of all the pg that will possibly come out

Quote:

may has more potential than mike sweetney but I wouldnt pick him in the lottery

i rank felton over paul, williams. i like felton and jarett jack. the most of all the pg that will possibly come out

I agree all the way. May is going to have issues with NBA size and athleticism. He'll be ok, but no lottery pick

stay on the board as long as you like...just try to keep it intelligent and back it up (and hey, if wrong, admit it posthumously)!

Sweetyney was what, a 16 pick or so. but he was a 'definite' pf only coming in...isn't there talk of may having some center capabilities? does this further 'hike' his stock?

I think Sweetney went 9th. May is by no means a center. I think Sweetney went so high because of perceived upside. May is older, so you know what you're getting. Sounds backwards, but that's the way the NBA works.

I like Sweetney, and I wanted to get him in a trade. I think May will be better, though. I would gladly trade Al Harrington for Sean May.