• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Former Hawks Players In Playoffs

ATLien_

I don't know about yall, but it kind of bothers me seeing guys that played for the hawks playing key parts on playoff teams. These are the ones I have seen so far:

Nazi Mohommed - Playing very well for the spurs, before my very eyes.

Bobby Sura

Demarr Johnson - Playing very well for the Nuggest before my eyes.

So here is the question why did we trade Nazi and not resign Demarr?

I'm not saying Nazi is all world or anything, but he is like shaq compared to Drobs and Collier. Saying Nazi is better than those two on Defense is not saying much, so I'll leave it at that. I feel his rebounding would of helped this team this year.

I'm not saying that Demarr is Kobe, but he is playing very well with limited minutes. In 17.4 Minutes a game on a playoff team Dj is Averaging:

PPG: 7.1 FG%: .499 3P%: .358 FT%: .792 his rebouds are only 2.00 per game but so what he is a SG. I think he is a better 3 point shooter than the percentage shows.

Makes you wonder what our team could have done if it where like this

Lue

Demmar Johnson

Chill

Harrington/Smooth

Nazi

While that team is not all world, its closer to being competitive than our current team. think of how athletic that team would be at the 2-4 positions. You can rotate Smooth between 3/4 and Chill betwee 2/3. When I look at it again this team is not great, but it doesn't have a total lack of outside shooters, and it doesn't have such a hole at Center.

Nazi probably could of averaged about 12ppg and 12 reb per game. No telling how well DJ would of done wiht 30 + minutes a game. I bet he would of averaged around 14 ppg.

Only reason I bring this up is we gave these players away for basically nothing.

Yeah Dermarr looked pretty good in that 1stquarter and nazr hasn't looked bad either. Nazr didn't play that well the last year he was with us before he was traded. I do agree he is and would have been better than Drobs and Collier. All of this was apart of Billy Knight's plan to rid the organization of the players from the Babcock era. Looks like Pete might have had a good selection in Dermarr. Even though we have lost these 2guys their skills aren't all that high that we can easily replace them in the draft this year and next.

DJ wasn't resigned because we simply didn't know whether or not he'd ever play again...the option to pick up his fourth year came well before he was really back on the court...so the Babcock contingent made the business decision to not extend him.

it's that simple.

Not quite exactly. Dermarr was in 3rd year of his rookie contract when he had the accident. Quite naturally anyone would have been hesitant to give him an extension early in the year before he had recovered. Pete Babcock was fired before the end of year so the total responsibiltiy rested on Billy Knight. Dermarr had shown enough signs that he could still play during the offseason that Billy Knight could have picked up his 4thyear option. It would only have been for a year if DJ didn't pan out so it wasn't a big risk IMO. Billy Knight played it conservatively that summer because we were in transition of being bought out by a new owner. I guess he didn't want to spend money on a player who had been in a serous car wreck without approval of the new owners. We could have picked up Dermarr during the following season because he was playing with a ABA team before signing a 10day contract with the Knicks. WHo knows maybe we did offer Dermarr a 10day contract? He probably said no since we couldn't offer him a contract for the whole year.