ESPN Misses the Boat on Hawks

jaywalker72

The national media doesn’t know about the Atlanta Hawks.

They don’t know the lineups, they don’t know how the team progressed last season, and they sure don’t know the personnel and their development.

It’s surprising they know the Hawks play in Philips Arena.

ESPN's "Insider" Chad Ford is the latest to take a guess at the needs of the Hawks, and RealGM's Jason Walker is there to cry "foul", especially when it comes to the future and effectiveness of Hawks PG Jason Terry.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com

Thank God that there is at least one analyst out there that actually is an expert on the Hawks.

Jay, you should write your own "fix-up" piece. No, to make things more interesting...go out and have a few drinks tonight, smoke about a pound of weed, spin in a circle approx. 257 times, and then slam your head against a wall for 13 minutes and 21 seconds. Then, sit down and write a "fix-up" piece.

It couldn't turn out any worse than what Ford wrote.

Don't worry. I'll pay for any injuries/fines/ect. that may happen to you. smile.gif

I just have a forum to say what we all say here on a regular basis.

We, the few and mighty, are all as good as these guys with a national forum.

Where were all the insiders on the Robinson trade? Nowhere.

Where were all the insiders on the Mutombo trade? Nowhere.

Yet, they claim success by stating that these players were ones that they "talked" about being avaliable.

LOL, congrats boys, we are INSIDERS, too!

Anyone who watched the Hawks last year can see the things that we have been discussing...

It doesn't take an expert, just someone who actually watches the team.

Chad Ford really makes me laugh! He must be in there for jokes and stuff I mean JT for Best? LOLOLOL. I just want to e-mail him and tell him how much his stuff sucks! He needs a new job I'm surprised he knows who Jason Terry is! Another great article Jason! I loved reading it!

What gets me is how stuck on themselves these "insiders" are. It's obvious from Ford's chat wrap that the hawks have made it clear to him the Terry is the man at point, yet every single commentator absolutely refuses to believe that this is the case. They understand the game so much better!

I also can't believe how they can be so absolutely sure that Dickau who hasn't played a single game yet is the answer at point and not another Bobby Hurley. What is this fixation with the "pure" point guard anyway? There are a lot more ways to win then with these traditionally defined roles. To me it just shows a lack of creativity to believe that you can only have a successful team with a short white guy who only takes the shot when he doesn't have a choice playing the 1.

After what I saw at the end of last season, I just feel that Terry is gonna blow people away with his development at the point...especially with some guys who will know what to do with the ball when they get it. I couldn't believe all the times Terry got the ball to someone in perfect scoring position only to see them pass on the shot, flub the catch, or blow the layup.

Of course, then we will hear how all these commentators believed all along that Terry was gonna be an all star at point and if only management would have listened to them they would've never made the mistake of slowing his development by trying that "awful" experiment of putting him at the two. They'll all be patting themselves on the backs once again for being such great prognosticators and quickly deep sixing any hyperlinks to their old articles online.

those EXPERTs know nothing about the hawks and come up with all sorts of non sense suggestions/solutions ... i can write better articles than those guys even though i don't get to see them except on national tv. ... Jay, it is always good to have u around writing something that is TRUE and INFORMATIVE rather than Ford's plain IMAGINATION and/or OUTDATED INFORMATION.

Experts? Bah - Humbug!!

We here at Hawksquawk have our own expert writer who knows more about the Hawks than any of these "So

called" insiders that continually insist that our starting

point will be Dickau and JT is being traded because he is

"Too small" to play the two guard and can't possibly be

the point guard. Bull feathers!

You so called "Insiders & Experts" need to go get a job

covering "Bay Watch" and give your job to our man who

knows for real what is going on with the Hawks!!

Gray Mule