• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knight wanted to be like the Kings

jjjohns3

So Bogut would be his choice. The Kings thrived off the passing of their big men, and good passing big men are VERY hard to find.

Bogut I think will be a mix between Miller and Divac. Good passer, Miller-like Rebounder and defensive player, Divac like scorer.

That sounds good to me. I'm almost positive that We will go after a young SG (Joe Johnson) and possible another Big man in FAcy and trade Al for another 1st.

Then we would have

PG-Jack/Lue/Louis Williams

SG-Joe Johnson/Salim Stoudamire?/Chill

SF-Chilldress/Johnson/SF

PF-Smoove/Dalembert

C-Bogut/Dalembert

Thoughts?

~Peace

PG:

I like Jarret Jack because of his size

Williams wont be there when we pick at #58

I like the idea to resign Tyronn Lue

SG:

I dont get why you feel we need so much help at this posistion?

Chill needs to stay at the 2 for us because at his height he creates serious matchup problems

I dont mind taking stotamire at #31, but I'd rather take a long versitile player with that pick like Fransico Garcia

SF:

I dont think that Woody played Chill at the 2 all year last season to move him back to the 3. Also I think Chill has more of a chance to be a double-double machine at the 2 than the 3 because of his size.

Smoove needs to be at the 3 more than the 4 due to his freakish athleticsisum

What about Daunta Smith, Boris Diaw...those two have too much talent to not be placed somewhere in the rotation.

PF:

If you wanted to get another #1 pick for Harrington to take Jack, and sign Dally, than I would take Marvin Williams with our lottery pick instead of Bogut

Dally could start for any team in the NBA...so why is he a bench player for a team that won 13 games last season?

I would take Lawrance Roberts with the 58th pick instead of Williams

C:

I hate Bogut!!! I think if he finds the right system to play in than he will be successful, but our system is not one of the systems he would succeed in. Try one like the Bobcats, Cavs, or Kings

If you have Dally...START HIM!!!

Where is Collier

I would re sign Peja to like a 1 or 2 year deal

Overall I like that line up my biggest problem is drafting Bogut AND signing Dally, focusing so much on the SG position, and moving Chill back to the 3 posistion. Try this

Jack/Lue/Ivey

Chill/Garcia

Smoove/Diaw/Smith

Williams/Roberts

Dally/Peja/Collier

Both Miller and Divac are about the same type of rebounders.

I also feel Billy Knight will select Bogut, if we end up with the first overall pick, and we need a center like him.

Hughes and Redd are the only two shooting guards we should consider. I like Childress, but our coaching staff has already expressed how they are searching for a pure shooter.

Childress may be forced to move to the 3.

Quote:

I hate Bogut!!! I think if he finds the right system to play in than he will be successful, but our system is not one of the systems he would succeed in. Try one like the Bobcats, Cavs, or Kings

Please open your eyes, because Bogut would fit our system very well, and we need a center like him.

He can rebound, score, pass, but I would like to see him become more a shot blocker.

Quote:

Both Miller and Divac are about the same type of rebounders.

I also feel Billy Knight will select Bogut, if we end up with the first overall pick, and we need a center like him.

Hughes and Redd are the only two shooting guards we should consider. I like Childress, but our coaching staff has already expressed how they are searching for a pure shooter.

Childress may be forced to move to the 3.

That is where Childress needs to be. IF he is going

to start at the 3 then Josh has to play the PF, so

that leaves Al Harrington as the 6th man or being

traded to another team. Building like the Kings is

some good, but you need tougher players than they

have had over the years.

Personally, I wouldn't build like Detroit. They've

had ONE great series and I think as of right now

they appear to be just alittle overrated. What I

mean is I wouldn't want a team that is built to

play at such a slow and dreadful pace.

• Premium Member

Quote:

SG:

I dont get why you feel we need so much help at this posistion?

Chill needs to stay at the 2 for us because at his height he creates serious matchup problems

I dont mind taking stotamire at #31, but I'd rather take a long versitile player with that pick like Fransico Garcia

I think you have to consider that if you play Chillz at the 3, his speed will give three's a matchup problem. Plus Chillz is a really good rebounder. I most offensive sets/Defensive sets, the 2 is too far away from the goal to get rebounds.

I would like to see Chill at the 3 and us get a guy like Korver.

Knight said it when he first came here.

I didn't purposefully leave Diaw and Donta out the rotation. I just didn't completely fill it out.

I never said that we BADLY need a SG,because Chill can survive at the 2. But he can also play and be successful at the 3, just as Joe Johnson can. They would be interchangeable. Johnson gives us some badly needed outside shooting and another steady ball handler. He's young and still developing with potential.

Hughes is injury prone,look it up, he's always been good. But it seems that hes had some injury that kept him out an extended period of time every year he's been in the league. And I doubt that Redd would leave one loser to go to us when Cleveland appears to be just around the corner from contending. I'd stay away from Hughes unless we can get him pretty cheap and thats not going to happen.

Bogut is going to be a solid contributor for whatever team he plays on. He plays steady defense and is a great passer and good rebounder.

~Peace

Billy Knight seems to be saying that he will keep Childress as the starting 2, but down the road I don't see it happen, unless changes are made. We need Childress to become a better shooter, but I love the way he defends.

It would be very hard to build a team like the Pistons.

So you don't expect the Pistons to win the championship, again? I expect the Pistons to easily win the championship again, as long as health isn't a concern.

Quote:

So you don't expect the Pistons to win the championship, again? I expect the Pistons to easily win the championship again, as long as health isn't a concern.

I would hope not. These ball control and play not to

lose teams need to. i doubt they will... If they are

so good why struggle so much with a mediocre and talent

lacking Philly team? They've had ONE great series in

last years playoffs and have had unimpressive first

two rounds. That finals last year was more about

what LA wasn't than what Detroit was. I'm not saying

that Detroit didn't deserve it... But the Golden State

Warriors would have put up more effort in that finals

last year.

I have no clue where you get this "easily" stuff from

because it simply doesn't make sense.

Quote:

I don't. I expect them to do good every year, but not win.

They only won because they faced the disfunctional, self-destructive lakers. If fisher doesn't make the 0.4 second shot, I do believe the Spurs would have beaten the pistons in 5 or 6.

Quote:

They only won because they faced the disfunctional, self-destructive lakers. If fisher doesn't make the 0.4 second shot, I do believe the Spurs would have beaten the pistons in 5 or 6.

I wouldn't say that Detroit will surely not win the

title. However, I think the finals last year painted

a lie.... Detroit isn't THAT great that they can

expect to roll over teams in that manner.

It's more than basketball, it's about entertainment

also. I just don't want to see the Hawks build as a

shot clock draining team.

• Premium Member

What are you saying...

The Pistons are the most complete team in the playoffs. They have a defense that will win games. Not even San Antonio can play defense at every position the way the Pistons can.

AND..

The Pistons got shooters everywhere.

Everybody but Wallace can hit the outside shot!